BaH.Graphviz

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/BaH.Graphviz

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#1]
It's taken me long enough, but I've finally released BaH.Graphviz.

Graphviz is a graph layout engine. Essentially, you feed it a graph description, and it will lay it out nicely for you.

You can see examples of what it can do HERE.

The Graphviz module adds the ability to interact with the generated graphs, by zooming, selecting nodes and edges, and retrieving information on them.

You are also able to generate graphs on-the-fly using the built-in graph-builder object hierarchy. You might use it to show the class-structure of your sourcecode, for example, changing dynamically as the source is modified...

You can learn more about it here : http://code.google.com/p/maxmods/wiki/GraphvizModule

Note - You will also need the Expat and GraphvizMax2D modules, available from the Downloads section.

As usual, it's cross-platform, *free*, and fully documented.

Yet another niche module from the makers of the other niche modules ;-)

Artemis(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice one.

It's just that I get an error when running the examples:
D:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/graphviz.mod/graphviz.release.win32.x86.a(input.c.release.win32.x86.o):input.c:(.text+0xc29): undefined reference to `setenv'

z4g0(Posted 2008) [#3]
same here:
C:/Programmi/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/graphviz.mod/graphviz.debug.win32.x86.a(input.c.debug.win32.x86.o):input.c:(.text+0xc41): undefined reference to `setenv'

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Woops... Fixed.

Apologies.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#5]
nice! everything worked as expected,
thanks

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
you should update your graphviz download on your homepage.

Also, i noticed when loading some of the dot files that came with your module it crashes, more on this when im on my home computer.

plash(Posted 2008) [#7]
Here is a modified example to show the crash

Also, there are several other dot files that crash it.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#8]
I haven't checked this out yet, but it looks like something i'll definite find a great use of. Amazing addition. Thanks bruce.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#9]
@Plash
Looks like my poly drawing code wasn't very good ;-)
Seems to work now - Tried it on most of the directed graphs without problems.

You can get the updated BaH.GraphvizMax2D module from the Downloads section, or via SVN.

@Retimer
It's definitely one of the more interesting modules.