can't compile bah.dbmysql mod in ubuntu

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/can't compile bah.dbmysql mod in ubuntu

nadia(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi, when trying to compile bah.dbmysql in ubuntu 7.10 I get the following errors:
Building Modules
Compiling:mysqlhelper.cpp
/home/urs/blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:6:23: error: my_global.h: No such file or directory
/home/urs/blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:8:19: error: mysql.h: No such file or directory

I've checked, the files are definitely there. I also checked that all the file and folder names are lower case...

Thanx very much for any help!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
You need to install the mysql-devel package.
It includes the headers etc that you need.

The docs probably need to be tweaked a bit :

"Linux users need to make sure they also install the MySQL "dev" package, which contains the includes and shared objects for compiling against."

:o)

nadia(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanx very much Brucey, there's nothing wrong with your docs! It was just me being stupid. I was sure I had the "dev" packages loaded... but obviously not!
Anyway, it's compiling fine now.

I've got most of a doctors-praxis app which I wrote in python (linked to a mysql db) converted to bmax with wxMax GUI. It works great and runs much faster then the python version.
I've used wxCodegen for the GUI - the generated code does need quite a bit of tweaking - but still it's a fantastic timesaver!
By the way, how far down on your todo list is the wxDatePickerCtrl widget???

I'm back trying to get wxMax running on ubuntu 7.10 and I'll need some help with that. But perhaps it's better I start a new thread for that.

I'm very exited about the work you're doing with wxMax and all the other mods. And your support and help is just fantastic, it seems you're at it day and night!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
the generated code does need quite a bit of tweaking

If you explain what you are having to change in the generated code, we can maybe have it generate differently.
The wxCodeGen GUI itself is generated by wxCodeGen, and I've not had to make any changes to the output, so perhaps you are using it differently.

The generated output itself is based on the C++ output from wxFormBuilder (it almost comes out line-for-line equivalent).

wxDatePickerCtrl is on the list somewhere ;-)
Perhaps I should get all the standard controls in before I add any more 3rd-party extensions.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
Now I remember... wxDatePickerCtrl requires the wxDateTime functionality to be added.

:-p