wxPropGrid - True/False or Numerical Properties?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxPropGrid - True/False or Numerical Properties?

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#1]
I can't seem to find anything to put a dropdown box on to the property grid. There's a property for strings, colors and fonts, but beyond that, nothing seems to be implemented. I'm not sure if this means it wasn't possible to implement in BlitzMax or if it's waiting to be done, or if I've just missed it.

The flags property in the demo is commented out and refuses to compile if uncommented. The enum property is there, but has no functions or methods and crashes if I use it. I tried a forum search for them but nothing comes up about the property grid, so again, I'm not sure if it's not finished yet or if I'm just not looking in the right place.

Is there anything else I can use to give simple options like true/false, enabled/disabled, on/off, animal/vegetable/mineral? What about floating point and integer numbers? Is there something I can use for those?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Aye... it's not quite finished yet, that one - the third-party components take a bit longer to get finished since the API docs aren't always as good as those you get with wxWidgets proper.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#3]
Ah, that's good news then. I was concerned that perhaps these elements had proved difficult or impractical to wrap up in BlitzMax, and a real property grid was one of the main reasons I was converting from MaxGUI. I have some more stuff to convert yet, so I'll get on with that in the meantime.

Thanks.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#4]
I see from your worklog that you "sat back down" with PropertyGrids a couple of weeks back. Is there anything substantial added yet? Is it worth me installing some kind of SVN client and downloading it again?

I can't really see any other parts that I'm going to need for my app, so I don't really want to fuss with SVN again until or unless there's something worth having in PropGrid.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
perhaps these elements had proved difficult or impractical to wrap

Well, I've just spent 2 hours tracking down a crash, if that counts? :-p
At least now I know *why* it was doing what it was doing, so things are back on track, albeit now having to implement twice as much code as I previously intend... oh well :-)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
Finally got the wxPropgrid code committed.

This is using the latest (today!) wxPropGrid SVN source.

I know it's not nearly finished yet, but as you can see from the sample (propgrid.bmx) it's generally running well, with a few examples of the different kinds of properties you can have.

We're getting there, as a slogan once said... ;-)