wxTextCtrl - Ctrl+A

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxTextCtrl - Ctrl+A

plash(Posted 2008) [#1]
How do I get a textctrl to select everything in the textctrl using ctrl+a??

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
It seems that ctrl-A (select all) is not the standard functionality of a textctrl on Windows.

As an example, open Notepad, open the Find dialog, type some text in it and then try using ctrl-A. :-p

Anyways, here's a little example to show how one might enable that functionality yourself :

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#3]
Another simple way is to have the cursor at the very beginning of the control, and press shfit+end. For applications that you can't just edit the source to.

And home to bring the cursor to the beginning. Sometimes you'll need to right click & press copy, as ctrl+c won't work in some text controls either.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but theres still issues with this: I know of no way to get around the *ding* sound when doing ctrl+a, also the hack means the OnKeyDown is called everytime something is entered into a ctrl, which is very inefficient.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
It doesn't ding here on Win2k, running wxCodeGen (see the middle tab pane with the text field which is set up for ctrl-A).

I don't think it's terribly inefficient? How fast can you type?

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
I suppose your right about the efficiency thing, its just something I expected to be standard.

It dings in xp sp2.