XML Modules

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/XML Modules

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#1]
The BaH.Libxml and BaH.Libxslt modules have been updated to the latest available versions of the libraries, 2.6.27 and 1.1.20 respectively.

For those that don't know, Libxml is an efficient cross-platform XML parser written in C, supporting a rather large set of standards, including but not limited to the following list of jargon/acronyms :
XML, Namespaces, XML Base, XPath, XPointer, XInclude, XML Catalogs, Canonical XML, Relax NG, XML Schemas, DTD, etc

Libxslt is a companion C library for the processing of XML transformations.

Changelog :

Libxml ( 1.10 )
* Updated to Libxml 2.6.27
* Fixed Null byte ptr handling on UTF8 conversion.
* Fixed several memory issues.

Libxslt ( 1.01 )
* Updated to Libxslt 1.1.20

It is available from my module repository at http://brucey.net/programming/blitz/

And via syncmods ( bah.libxml / bah.libxslt )

Any problems, suggestions or comments, see my profile for contact details. Or ask here.

:o)

Gavin Beard(Posted 2007) [#2]
cheers Brucey, been making use of this mod and this is great news

Difference(Posted 2007) [#3]
Tanks again for these great modules.

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks Brucey. I am using the XML module. Everything is great with it.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#5]
Brucey, this is a nice module and helped a lot.

How to wrap a library and make it seems to be pretty hard... is it possible to wrap something like ODE for 2D physics?

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#6]
can you show an example on how to use this module?

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#7]
There are *lots* of examples included in the module documentation.
There are two full tutorials, and inline examples (ie. spread throughout the docs) for specific methods. Check out the docs that come with it :-)
You may need to "Rebuild Documentation" to get it to appear in your IDE.

I know it's hard to picture documentation and BlitzMax together, but some of us believe that good documentation actually helps ;-)

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#8]
ah, indeed :) i installed the mod without actually looking in its content ! sorry about that Brucey !

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#9]
in fact, i can't get it to work, it keeps on saying

"Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'bah.libxml'"

i must be doing something plain wrong (it's my first try using blitzmax), sorry if i'm missing the obvious.

btw, i'm on windows XP SP2

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2007) [#10]
Did you put the bah.mod directory inside the brl.mod or pub.mod directories?

If so, take it out and put it in the same dir as pub.mod and brl.mod. By default this is '../BlitzMax install dir/mod/'

So that dir should look somethnig like this:
- bah.mod
- brl.mod
- pub.mod

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#11]
hi Jim,

yes, that's what i did.

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#12]
solved. This topic was the solution: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=72892

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2008) [#13]
OK, I am just trying various XML parsers but it looks like I am having a similar problem as above. I am trying the bookstore example and I get the following error:

Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'bah.libxml'

I have copied the libxml.mod folder into BlitzMax\mod\bah.mod\ and I know Mingw is working as I have sucessfully used another module that required it.

I know I am doing (or not doing) something really obvious but I can't work out what. Any ideas?

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#14]
If LibXML was compiled with an older ( or for that matter, newer ) version you will need to rebuild it. MinGW doesn't do anything unless you specifically invoke it, which you haven't mentioned, so I'll assume you might not have done.

From the command prompt navigate to BlitzMax\Bin and then type

bmk makemods bah.libxml

That will recompile it with the version of BlitzMax you are using, making it compatible to link against.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2008) [#15]
Ah, nice one. Cheers Gabriel :)