wxMax + NG +TimelineFX

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxMax + NG +TimelineFX

Pete Rigz(Posted 2017) [#1]
Think I almost have this compiling in NG. All of the modules seem to compile ok but when trying to compile TimelineFX Editor I get the following error:

F:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/win32/libwxmsw31u_gl.a(gllib_glcmn.o):glcmn.cpp:(.text+0x3d4): undefined reference to `_imp__glFrustum@48'
F:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/win32/libwxmsw31u_gl.a(gllib_glcmn.o):glcmn.cpp:(.text+0x43c): undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12'
F:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/win32/libwxmsw31u_gl.a(gllib_glcmn.o):glcmn.cpp:(.text+0x46c): undefined reference to `_imp__glNormal3f@12'
F:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/win32/libwxmsw31u_gl.a(gllib_glcmn.o):glcmn.cpp:(.text+0x4a4): undefined reference to `_imp__glColor4f@16'
F:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/win32/libwxmsw31u_gl.a(gllib_glcmn.o):glcmn.cpp:(.text+0x593): undefined reference to `_imp__glGetBooleanv@8'
F:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/win32/libwxmsw31u_gl.a(gllib_glcmn.o):glcmn.cpp:(.text+0xfbf): undefined reference to `_imp__glIndexi@4'

I'm using the latest NG release that I found on github, and all other modules are up to date. This is on Windows btw.

Thanks!

Pete Rigz(Posted 2017) [#2]
Quick update, I'm getting exactly the same error trying to compile with standard blitzmax (albeit with the modified bmk). Anyone any ideas what it might be?

Brucey(Posted 2017) [#3]
What version of Windows?
What version of MinGW?

I just tried it here and it built okay. (albeit I had to comment out a couple of lines because the Windows build needs some tweaks to compile with the current wx).

I have Win7 and TDM GCC 5.1

Pete Rigz(Posted 2017) [#4]
Sorry, it's Windows 10, and GCC 5.1, I just use the one you provide in the windows release on github. the wx Hello world sample compiles fine, as do all modules. Everything is the latest version module wise.

Brucey(Posted 2017) [#5]
Yes, it appears to be Windows 10 related. I had the same issue linking the exe there.

I've committed a fix which should resolve the problem.

Derron(Posted 2017) [#6]
Out of interest: why is this needed for win10 and not for earlier versions (I mean the import "-lopengl32") ?

bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2017) [#7]
Yes :-)

Pete Rigz(Posted 2017) [#8]
Thanks Brucey that error has gone away now :)

You mentioned about commenting out a couple of lines, what were they? As I'm not getting any graphics being rendered here. Did it work fully for you, as in effects are rendering ok?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2017) [#9]
I was just checking the max2d sample and noticed it crashed seemingly due to DrawText. If you comment that out it runs ok. Strangely if you put a debugstop before the draw text it still crashes: