[Solved] How I can stop a event that is queued?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/[Solved] How I can stop a event that is queued?

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#1]
How I can stop a event that is queued?

the event:
' --------------------------------------------------------------------------------[OnInit]---
	Method OnInit:Int()
		timer = New wxTimer.Create(Self)
		ConnectAny(wxEVT_PAINT, OnPaint)		' I can set timer to 0 and only call OnPaint when I .refresh() the wxWindow window
		ConnectAny(wxEVT_TIMER, OnTick)			' If I Rem this line I don't get the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error!
	End Method

' ------------------------------------------------------------------------[CreateNewMax2D]---
	Method CreateNewBLL2D:TBLL2D(_parent:wxWindow, _id:Int, _timer:Int, _x:Int, _y:Int, _width:Int, _height:Int)
		id = _id
		CreateWin(_parent, _id, _x, _y, _width, _height)
		SetBackgroundStyle(wxBG_STYLE_CUSTOM)
		If _timer <> 0 Then timer.Start(_timer)
		Return Self
	End Method

' --------------------------------------------------------------------------------[OnTick]---
	Function OnTick(event:wxEvent)
		wxWindow(event.parent).Refresh()
	End Function

If I stop my Lua script from withing the script I sometime get: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
It's the timer that call BlitzMax OnPaint even if the script been stopped!

the Lua script is closed and the event is calling BlizMax OnPaint that try call the Lua OnPaint that give me the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Can I somehow look in the Type event queue. and remove the event?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
The EAV means you access something which is null.

Instead of removing the event, you should handle it - and set it to "handled", so that others ignore it.

Alternatively: only handle things in "onPaint" if a variable is true. When you stop your script, "false" the variable and it should do.

bye
Ron

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#3]
	Method DoOnPaint()
		If Not BLLua.L Then Return					' L is alive here
		SetGraphics wxGraphics(Self)
		MOBii_InEvent :+ 1
		BLLua.MOBii_CallTableFunctionInt("SYS", "OnPaint", id)		' L die in here!
		MOBii_InEvent :- 1
		If BLLua.halt Then BLLua.StopLua()
	End Method
I am in BLLua.MOBii_CallTableFunctionInt("SYS", "OnPaint", id) when I terminate the script
then the timer call:
' ------------------------------------------------------[BLLua.MOBii_CallTableFunctionInt]---
Method MOBii_CallTableFunctionInt:Int(_Table:String, _Function:String, _Data:Int)
	If L Then									' He pass this L
		Local _ret:Int = -1
		lua_pushstring(L, _Table)						' get the table
		lua_gettable(L, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX)
		lua_pushstring(L, _Function)						' get the function from the table
		lua_gettable(L, -2)							' note: -2 is the table, -1 is the key
		If lua_type(L, -1) = LUA_TFUNCTION Then
		lua_pushinteger(L, _Data)						' 1st argument
		Local Lua_Err:Int = lua_pcall(L, 1, 0, 0)				' call _Function with 1 arguments and 0 result
		Print_Lua_Error(Lua_Err, 1)
		lua_pop(L, 1)								' pop the _Table table from the stack since it's no longer needed
		Return Lua_Err
	End If
End Method
Inside this call: lua_pcall(L, 1, 0, 0) the terminate script Set L = Null and I get the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

1. timer is in queue
2. I close Lua and put the terminate script in queue
3. timer is call OnPaint that call lua_pcall(L, 1, 0, 0) and while inside the terminate script in queue get called and set L to Null

This is the only way I can explain how he got inside lua_pcall(L, 1, 0, 0)

When I run the terminate code it stop the timer

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
If you do not use threading, then execution of your app logic is halted, events wont get processed until you finished whatever you are doing in lua.

Maybe you are getting a segfault within your Lua script processing ("MOBii_CallTableFunctionInt")

Do not rely on "print" or so. Just run it via a Debugbuild and see where it fails.

bye
Ron

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#5]
Thank thee Derron, I been wrapping my head in this for the last 3 days

I learn HOWTO [F8] really fast
I learn that ALL the ConnectAny(...) is going thru the EventFactory, I need to fix that

I add this in top of terminate Lua script:
Method StopLua()
	If MOBii_InEvent Then
		DebugLog "Start Timer"
		Return
	End If

End Method
If MOBii_InEvent > 0 it mean he is in a Lua function
I create first a timer that call StopLua() after 50ms
But I didn't need to do that because If I halt the script he have only 1 thing in mind to execute: StopLua() until he succeed

If I didn't fix this I could forget any wxmax2D OnPaint functionality
Now I can continue see if I can get any max2D surface to work
thanks again