BaH.SoLoud error on Windows

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/BaH.SoLoud error on Windows

rs22(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi,

When I try to build the soloud module on Windows, I get the following error:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/soloud.mod/soloud/src/core/soloud_thread.cpp:31:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or directory

From what I can tell, that's a file for Linux or OS X.

soloud_thread.cpp has the following code, so I'm not sure why it's trying to load it. I am on Windows 10, if that makes any difference.
#ifdef WINDOWS_VERSION
#include <Windows.h>
#else
#include <pthread.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Are you using vanilla or NG?

rs22(Posted 2016) [#3]
Vanilla...I'm a little confused by NG...do the other modules have to be 'converted' for it? I use some like bah.libxml extensively.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#4]
Hey rs22, just got it to work with vanilla using mingw 5.1.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
It does show up compiling the example along with other sse and mmx errors. I suggest switching to NG if you need soloud.

do the other modules have to be 'converted' for it? I use some like bah.libxml extensively.

Most popular mods have an equivalent NG version. Yes libxml works great on NG. I'm using it as well with other mods.

Actually, all bah.mods are supposed to work with NG because both are Brucey's project.

rs22(Posted 2016) [#6]
Can NG compile to 32-bit? I intend to release both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of my program when it's done.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#7]
of course, just check it out. compiles in Android and iOS as well. No 3D yet just 2D. Mojo2 is also ported to NG.

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#8]
How can I fix this?

You may need to use a more recent version of MinGW.
I generally recommend the latest version... something like TDM MinGW 5.1.

rs22(Posted 2016) [#9]
Thanks for the replies! I will try your suggestions.