Redeclaration .X Fix Formatting Help

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Redeclaration .X Fix Formatting Help

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
Still yet to figure out the formatting on how to fix redeclaration errors. Anyway I'm trying to convert BNETEX library to NG..

C:/BMXNG/mod/vertex.mod/bnetex.mod/.bmx/utils.bmx.debug.win32.x86.c:66:14: error: 'vertex_bnetex_utils_MD5_transform_v_f' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 static BBINT vertex_bnetex_utils_MD5_transform_v_f;
              ^
In file included from C:/BMXNG/mod/vertex.mod/bnetex.mod/.bmx/utils.bmx.debug.win32.x86.c:1:0:
C:/BMXNG/mod/vertex.mod/bnetex.mod/.bmx/utils.bmx.debug.win32.x86.h:91:16: note: previous declaration of 'vertex_bnetex_utils_MD5_transform_v_f' was here
 typedef void (*vertex_bnetex_utils_MD5_transform_v_f)();
                ^
C:/BMXNG/mod/vertex.mod/bnetex.mod/.bmx/utils.bmx.debug.win32.x86.c:89:14: error: 'vertex_bnetex_utils_SHA256_transform_v_f' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 static BBINT vertex_bnetex_utils_SHA256_transform_v_f;
              ^
In file included from C:/BMXNG/mod/vertex.mod/bnetex.mod/.bmx/utils.bmx.debug.win32.x86.c:1:0:
C:/BMXNG/mod/vertex.mod/bnetex.mod/.bmx/utils.bmx.debug.win32.x86.h:180:16: note: previous declaration of 'vertex_bnetex_utils_SHA256_transform_v_f' was here
 typedef void (*vertex_bnetex_utils_SHA256_transform_v_f)();
                ^

Checking out reflection.x, I don't see any line that I can reference it with. Some has BB prefix this one does not. It's kinda confusing. Is there a table of examples where I can refer how to convert it with X file?

I really like to do this on my own, or maybe if there's a pattern here that can be followed, it can be automated to be fixed or suggestion?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
The error message says:
- redeclaration in the .c-file of the corresponding .h-file

Maybe it is a bug in BCC rather than that it would need an .x-file

bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#3]
I don't believe this has anything to do with .x files.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
Some months ago I adjusted bnetex to work with NG:
bnetex

So I do not know where this error does come from.

Edit: tried to compile with current BCC/brl.mod/pub.mod but run into other issues. Will try to fix the module asap - which might need some help by Brucey.

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
Ah thanks a lot! :D