SoLoud Library

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/SoLoud Library

seriouslee(Posted 2016) [#1]
I updated my bah.mod repo from Git the other day and noticed 3 new folders for the soLoud library. So I tested them and just have to say "Thanks!" Brucey! You're work in Blitzmax is the reason I came back to it: your library is awesome and you just keep making it better!

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
SoLoud was introduced to allow for easy streamed audio. While rtAudio now runs with NG too, SoLoud might be more useful on other platforms.

Nonetheless soLoud still has some issues and the ones brucey rised on their github account are still without comments of the authors... so let's hope it is not riding a dead horse.

BTW: on which platforms did you test soLoud? Still did not have the time to check it out in my game (which still runs rtAudio + some patches for pulseAudio/noPulseAudio).

bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#3]
"Thanks!" Brucey!

Glad you are finding them useful :-)

on which platforms did you test soLoud?

I tested it on 64-bit OSX, Win32 and Linux, and Android.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
Really a pity they do not respond to the issue about PulseAudio or dynamic linking.

Dunno how "wide-spread" openAl is within linuxers.

@ android
Streaming still needs tests there I assume... Maybe it would be a nice thing to have a sample app to use for all platforms (some simple moving-something-game with sound, input ...)

bye
Ron

seriouslee(Posted 2016) [#5]
I tested on 64bit Windows only. I have access to an older Mac but not a linux box. (And Brucey tested already on those platforms).

Hmmm. Yeah not good about the authors. But still say "Thanks!" to Brucey for wrapping the library.