[solved] TimelineFX and Bmx-NG problem

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/[solved] TimelineFX and Bmx-NG problem

wookie(Posted 2016) [#1]
Should it work? I get compile errors.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2016) [#2]
It should work with the latest version on git here as I was working on getting the editor running with NG: https://github.com/peterigz/rigz.mod

I'll test again later but let me know if you have issues.

wookie(Posted 2016) [#3]
Problem is with zipengine.bmx

[ 92%] Processing:zipengine.bmx
Compile Error: Overriding method does not match any overridden method. (Detail: Return type is "Int", expected "Long". Argument count differs. Got 1, expected 2 arguments.Argument #1 is "Int", expected "Long".)
[D:/BlitzMaxNG/mod/gman.mod/zipengine.mod/zipengine.bmx;908;0]
Build Error: failed to compile D:/BlitzMaxNG/mod/gman.mod/zipengine.mod/zipengine.bmx

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
Replace that method definition:

Method XXX:int(...)

with

?bmxng
Method XXX:Long(...)
?not bmxng
Method XXx:int(...)
?

And it will compile for vanilla and NG - BUT long/int sounds as if it is about streams and their size - if you want to allow >2GB you will have to make sure that the underlaying code is adjusted too (see Bruceys adjustments to TStream and other things in brl.mod/pub.mod in github.com/bmx-ng).

bye
Ron

wookie(Posted 2016) [#5]
After changes:

Compile Error: Overriding method does not match any overridden method. (Detail: Argument count differs. Got 1, expected 2 arguments.)

From zipengine.bmx:
Method Seek:Long(pos:Long) - only one argument, compiler expects two

Derron(Posted 2016) [#6]
There is a type containing the "Method Seek:Long()" - this type extends from another type.

Check, what this type uses as "Method Seek"-definition.

I assumed that this compiler-error-message is really "verbose" already (when pull requesting these detail-enhancements). Maybe there should be some "error code" too, so there could be made an "error code - and how to solve"-helpfile.

bye
Ron

wookie(Posted 2016) [#7]
OK - problem solved. Zipengine compiled correctly but now I have problems with timelineFX

[100%] Linking:lim2.debug.exe
D:/BlitzMaxNG/mod/rigz.mod/timelinefx.mod/timelinefx.debug.win32.x86.a(timelinefx.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o): In function `_bb_rigz_timelinefx_timelinefx':
D:/BlitzMaxNG/mod/rigz.mod/timelinefx.mod/.bmx/timelinefx.bmx.debug.win32.x86.c:57453: undefined reference to `_bb_rigz_timelinefx_globals'
Build Error: Failed to link D:/LIM2 - Kopia/lim2.debug.exe

Pete Rigz(Posted 2016) [#8]
Ahh yes, Brucey has updated versions of zipengine and gman.mod on git, but sounds like you may have fixed that already: https://github.com/maxmods (gman.mod and koriolis.mod).

TimelineFX is compiling ok here on ng, and running the examples ok. Is this failing at bmk makemods or running a program? Did you get the latest version of TimelineFX from git?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#9]
Did you do a "quick compile" ?

After updating "bcc" or "bmk" (because of updates) it is best to recompile all modules (not only specific ones).

BMK should auto-recognize what has to get compiled if it wasn't done yet, but "recompiling" is not within that tool's horizon.

After recompiling all modules _normally_ your application should do a complete recompile too, but to make sure, disable "quick compilation" for a single time and if that worked, re-enable "quick compilation" again.

bye
Ron

wookie(Posted 2016) [#10]
OK - it finally worked :)

Unfortunatelly after 30 seconds or running some graphic glithes starting to appear but it probably has nothing to do with timelineFX

Derron(Posted 2016) [#11]
try to narrow the glitches down, maybe some bug hidden somewhere deep in the innards of BCC or the modules.

bye
Ron

wookie(Posted 2016) [#12]
So I downloaded and recompiled all (bmk,bcc,modules) and it's... WORKING ! :) Thank you.

Because I'm not so good in compiling could you tell me what is Threaded Build (this option is not listed in help file)?

Another question: when exactly should I turn on Build GUI App ?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#13]
Threaded: if you use Brl.Threading, you should do a threaded build - it allows you to utilize threads in your game (multiple "workers" at the same time).

When compiling "bmk in threaded mode" it allows bmk to run multiple compilation jobs at once (eg. for compiling C-files).

bye
Ron