[Solved] TheoraPlayer Audio Issue (Win 8)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/[Solved] TheoraPlayer Audio Issue (Win 8)

LT(Posted 2016) [#1]

LT(Posted 2016) [#2]

LT(Posted 2016) [#3]
Bumping this because TheoraPlayer works fine on my 32-bit Win 7 home computer, but not my 64-bit Win 8.1 office computer.

I compiled and tested it at home and it worked. Then I simply copied the module to my office computer and it didn't work. I also tried recompiling on my office computer. I'm not getting any compilation errors, but when I try to run Example_01, I get an Exception_Access_Violation. In Debug mode, it also highlights this line:
bmx_TheoraVideoManager_update(managerPtr, timeIncrease)
That's all it does. I looked through the source and can't see anything wrong, but maybe there's something about Win 8.1?

I tried running both the Release and Debug versions with Win 7 compatibility mode and it did not help. :(

LT(Posted 2016) [#4]
I guess no one else is using this? At least, not on Windows 8?

LT(Posted 2016) [#5]
In case anyone is reading this, problem in Windows 8 seems to have something to do with OpenAL. If I comment out the "manager.setAudioInterfaceFactory" line in example_01, the video part works.

markcw(Posted 2016) [#6]
You should try updating OpenAL dlls.
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/6508

LT(Posted 2016) [#7]
Well, that would explain it. Went on a long goose chase before commenting out that line. Now I have to find that dll...

Thanks!

LT(Posted 2016) [#8]
Still not working. Put everything where I think it goes. I'm pretty sure an older version of this worked.

Turns out to have been incompatible versions of things. I was unaware of newer versions of modules for vanilla BMX at github.com/maxmods.