BMX-NG OpenB3D error (OSX, SDL)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/BMX-NG OpenB3D error (OSX, SDL)

Sledge(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hullo, thought I'd give 'ng a whirl -- all looked pretty smooth until I gave OpenB3D a try and got this error...

unzip:  cannot find or open /Users/Sledge/Downloads/BlitzMaxNG/mod/sdl.mod/sdl.mod/lib/macos/SDL2.framework.zip,
/Users/Sledge/Downloads/BlitzMaxNG/mod/sdl.mod/sdl.mod/lib/macos/SDL2.framework.zip.zip
or /Users/Sledge/Downloads/BlitzMaxNG/mod/sdl.mod/sdl.mod/lib/macos/SDL2.framework.zip.ZIP.

...which happens with every OpenB3D example I've tried so far.

Had a little look along that path and it's quite correct... no macos folder therein. Folders for every other platform, just to taunt me, but no macos. What gives?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
Even if this is not related to this: do you use the latest module variant of that b3d?
https://github.com/bmx-ng/b3d.mod

The error states, that "sdl.mod" wants to unzip something which is not available in the current sdl.mod-sources
https://github.com/bmx-ng/sdl.mod

As Brucey develops on a Mac, I just assume that it works on his OS X ... think he might answer your question sooner or later.

bye
Ron

Sledge(Posted 2016) [#3]
Cheers for posting, I just took a look at the GitHub page and it says to build SDL yourself on OSX. I had seen the "instructions" for this while I was rooting around in the SDL folder structure but ./configure didn't work so I'd been hoping it wasn't necessary.

I'll take another look and maybe post slightly fuller instructions than are in README-macosx.txt when (if!) I get it going.

Sledge(Posted 2016) [#4]
Right instead of building it I just downloaded sdl2.framework from here then zipped it and popped it where the compiler expects it to be. No more unzip complaints! However the examples just crash after creating a window now, which is exactly the same behaviour as I was getting with the following minimal OpenB3D app...

SuperStrict
Framework b3d.b3dglgraphics

Local width:Int=800,
	  height:Int=600,
	  depth:Int=0,
	  Mode:Int=2,
	  hertz:Int=60
Graphics3D width,height,depth,Mode,hertz
Local cam:TCamera=CreateCamera()

While Not KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE)

UpdateWorld
	RenderWorld
	Flip
Wend

...and while this didn't generate any SDL2.framework.zip errors, I was kinda hoping that adding the framework there would fix it rather than have everything crash out :D

Sledge(Posted 2016) [#5]
This is all I get by way of error messages BTW. Bit baffling.