Using Blide

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Using Blide

Hezkore(Posted 2016) [#1]
Does anyone know if there's a way to compile Windows x64 executables via Blide when using BMX-NG?

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#2]
Not that I am aware of.

You could always ask the author, but I doubt there's much worth for adding that kind of support to it.

Hezkore(Posted 2016) [#3]
Okay thanks Brucey.
I did send him a mail actually heh.

Dabhand(Posted 2016) [#4]
I would literally soil myself with rainbows if Ziggy got Blide to support bmx-ng!

Let us know what he said! :)

Dabz

SamFisher(Posted 2016) [#5]
I have send a question to the Blide developer,2 months ago about the bmx-ng support.

Answer:

Manel Ibáñez an mich
Mehr anzeigen
Hello Christian,

I could do it. Is there any pre-built bmk-ng I can use to test this, including whatever MinGW release is involved?
I'm very out of time right now due to other projects, but if you can provide or know where to find an easy to setup bmk-ng version for windows, I could take a look. It should not be too complicated to do and it would definitively be worth it in the long run.

Hello Manel,

thanks for the answer.
Look at this, is it the easiest way
http://www.bmx-ng.com/main/
include little tutorial to install for android projects.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#6]
Is your answer from "now" or did you reply this also 2 months ago?

Dunno why Ziggy isn't replying here in the thread - so potential questions could be answered from the community (new conditionals, new bcc-command line options...)

bye
Ron

GW(Posted 2016) [#7]
I use NG with Blide.
Im going from memory here, But I modified the NG bmk to look for the missing args that Blide does not pass like -g and -fast and use them if they are not given. It works for me, but I can only compile 32bit apps, via blide. That's fine with me, if i want a 64bit build I can just use the included NG ide.
btw: the "-fast" "-g" options should really be a default if not given imho.

Taron(Posted 2016) [#8]
I sure hope, Ziggy is picking back up on NG support and the x64 option!
I'm kind of sitting on pins and needles. However, in the meantime I will try to figure out how to setup sublime text to do that. I already got the bmax config for it and am exploring all the code intel matters. If that all works, well...then ziggy won't have to bother anymore, of course. Would be a shame, because I'm grateful for the many years I've been using Blide Plus, but times are changing...

Still, I'm hoping here! :o)

LT(Posted 2016) [#9]
I've used Blide for years, but don't have much reason to pay for another year's worth of updates. NG support might do it. :)

Personally, I wish Blide was open sourced, so we fix issues ourselves...

Derron(Posted 2016) [#10]
so we fix issues ourselves...

MaxIDE is open source for a while now - and still has a broken undo (even in GTK/Scintilla-flavor I experienced some undo-issues).

bye
Ron

LT(Posted 2016) [#11]
I don't use MaxIDE, so I feel less obliged to fix those. :P

I'd consider making my own IDE if I understood how the debugging part works. I really like Blide, but the spelling errors in the interface and documentation drive me nuts. Also, there are little changes I'd like to make and might delve into if the source was available.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#12]
Maybe use the chance to look how MaxIDE does include the debugger.
(I was to lazy too to do such a thing)

bye
Ron

Taron(Posted 2016) [#13]
Yeah, if I wasn't overwhelmed enough with what I'm dong, I would most certainly consider writing my own or exploring maxIDE's source. There are a few things I would try to hook up:
- box selection
- vertical selection (writing and pasting across several lines at once)
- go to declaration
- mouse over to show methods, fields and arguments
- a proper undo and redo (for crying out loud)
- maybe auto-complete, can get annoying, too.
- auto formatting can be nice
- proper and more direct debugging info and selection
- freaking saving and loading of color schemes

Yep, that's about all. 8}