Bah.DBodbc

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Bah.DBodbc

degac(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi

Probably it's due to a damn cold I have... but I'm trying to compile/use the Bah.DBodbc module.

Downloaded, installed, compiled. No errors.

I've tried to run the first example (test_01.bmx) and I have this output
Linking:test_01.debug.exe
C:/BlitzMax150/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lodbc32
Build Error: Failed to link C:/BlitzMax150/mod/bah.mod/dbodbc.mod/tests/test_01.debug.exe
Processo completato

At the first I though I've messed up something and so on... but every other module I have installed work perfectly (tested SQlite examples without problems).
So I looked for the presence in the system of odbc32.dll (it was in SystemWOW64 folder)

At the moment I'm blocked... my mind is completely fuse and I don't know what to do!
Any hints is appreciated!

EDIT:
using BMax 1.50 GCC 5.1.0
Windows 7 64bit

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#2]
You may need to copy the libodbc32.a file from MinGW into your BlitzMax/lib folder (if you are using the standard bmk).
By default, only some of the Windows system dll .a links are part of BlitzMax's distribution. (another reason why it's better to use a full, proper MinGW instead of just some .a files in lib)

degac(Posted 2015) [#3]
OK, thanks a lot, this evening I will follow your instructions.

Usually I don't compile 'strange' things with Bmax, I'm not such an intrepid experimenter (I have no so much time!) :D , I'm using - from time - just some modules (Cairo, SQlite etc) and until everything works... I'm happy!

Thanks again

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#4]
What database are you trying to connect to? :-)

degac(Posted 2015) [#5]
In the firm where I work we have a DBMS based on Informix (a CDK solution)... I think I should be able to connect with it (just for read in any case, I don't want to write anything, I'm *very* good in breaking things when it's not necessary!!!).
I just discovered username & password... a technician forget them on a post-it!

Oh, well, this is the goal... at the moment I need to export data in .xls or .txt format from the DMS (Windrakkar for who is interested) and then using my Bmax app(s) to read it and 'join' all the informations I need for my analysis (budget, selling data, customer informations etc... very very boring thing!)
If I can bypass this manual phase I get more time (and my boring-level will decrease a little bit! aahahah)

And in the long term, the dreamed 'one-button-app' could be reality :D - just click 'export' (and maybe a field for date-limit) and ... voilą!

Believe me... reordering & cleaning from clones/duplicates 38.000 (and more) record in an .xls file MANUALLY once a week, it's not funny.
And this is just ONE of the thing I/we must to do...