Regex - looking for previous release

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Regex - looking for previous release

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#1]
I updated regex to V1.05 and I'm fairly certain it has broken my code. Unfortunately I no longer have the previous release. To save my sanity, does anyone have the previous release they could link for me please?

Edit: I've updated topic title to better reflect what I was actually looking for.

markcw(Posted 2014) [#2]
Well it looks like what you want is revision "969". So you should be able to check that out yourself. Just select the revision number option in the checkout window and type the number.

To search Brucey's svn site is a bit tricky because it's been truncated but you can just click source>browse and then instead of clicking trunk>regex.mod you type it in the url ie. regex.mod.

So then click regex.bmx and then all revisions of this file which lists each revision.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#3]
Ah it's not previous version I need, but a previous release I think. Thanks for the info - I'll have a look through and see if I can find the version I was using.

markcw(Posted 2014) [#4]
By release do you mean the regex_1_04_src.zip?

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#5]
It was actually a previous release of V1.05 I am after but not sure which one. 1.04 does fix my current problem though so thank you.

That said, I do know Brucey fixed something (at my request) earlier this year so need to get that version. However, I can't see an easy way of downloading all files for a release.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#6]
Hmm, looking at the revision history I'm pretty sure the one I had was r1635 but it has the same issue as the latest revision. V1.04 fixes the current issue, but I know it has a bug with subEnd.

Think I'll have to use 1.04 for now and work around the subEnd bug. When I get time I'll investigate this further and see if I can nail down the problem.

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#7]
Hallo :-)

What specifically is wrong with the latest version of the source? It *should* be backwards compatible, generally.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#8]
My code is long, complicated and makes a lot of regex calls to process some text. The text returned is incorrect but not currently sure what point it goes wrong. It might be related to subStart/End as it looks like its out by 1 character but need to confirm this.

I'll investigate this tomorrow and see if I can give you some specific info Brucey.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#9]
OK I found the problem. subEnd is returning different values.

Strict
Import BaH.RegEx

Local str$ = "testing"
Local regexPrefix:TRegEx = TRegEx.Create("([i])+")
Local match:TRegExMatch

match = regexPrefix.Find(str$)

Print match.subStart() + ", " + match.subEnd()

This prints "4, 4" with current version, which is correct as the "i" starts and ends at 4.

But prints "4, 5" with the old version, which is obviously wrong. My code was written to work with the old version, so when I updated, it caused things to go screwy.

I've updated my code to work with the correctly working new version of regex :)

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#10]
It seems that bug was fixed back in February :

https://github.com/maxmods/bah.mod/commit/0060a129968682be20de79751ba3525163b42e12

Glad your stuff is working again!

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2014) [#11]
I'm sure I was using that version, but I guess not. Main thing is that its all working now though.