Couldn't compile database module (Mac: Mount Lion)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Couldn't compile database module (Mac: Mount Lion)

Tricky(Posted 2014) [#1]
I tried to compile the database core module and mysql module and this is what I got:

Building Modules
Compiling:mysqlhelper.cpp
/Volumes/Irravonia/BlitzMAX/Mac/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:32:10: fatal error: 'my_global.h' file not found
#include <my_global.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
Build Error: failed to compile /Volumes/Irravonia/BlitzMAX/Mac/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp
Process complete

I was using Mac OS Mountain Lion when this happened.

I checked the files by the way and the file my_global.h does exist in the include folder of that module....

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#2]
I checked the files by the way and the file my_global.h does exist in the include folder of that module....

Which won't make a difference for you on OS X :-)

You need to download and install the MySQL client library - which gets installed properly into your system.

You probably want a 32-bit version of one of these : http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c/

Get the appropriate DMG, and follow the instructions provided. Then you should be able to compile the module.

Tricky(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I dled the required file and installed the installer inside the DMG file, but I still get the same error.

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#4]
The module assumes headers were installed here :
/usr/local/mysql/include

... mostly because they were whenever I've ran the installer.

Maybe it puts them somewhere else now?

Tricky(Posted 2014) [#5]
gotcha....
It was now installed in: /usr/local/mysql-connector-c-6.1.3-osx10.7-x86/include instead. Do I need to change a line to make it direct there?

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#6]
You can either do that (by amending common.bmx) or create a symlink :
sudo ln -s /usr/local/mysql-connector-c-6.1.3-osx10.7-x86 /usr/local/mysql

Tricky(Posted 2014) [#7]
Compilation successful.
Thanks a lot, Bruce.