Brucey update for Filesize(File$) [MacOS]?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Brucey update for Filesize(File$) [MacOS]?

TikiDays(Posted 2014) [#1]
Did a Brucey's Mods allow the retrieval of file sizes larger than 2GB? BRL's Filesize(File$) currently fails under Mac OS X. Any help would be appreciated or an update to this function for Mac OS support..

http://blitzmax.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1688

TikiDays(Posted 2014) [#2]
Not sure about the double post :/ but the answer posted was Win32 code which Ive already implemented. I just have no idea how to create these Extern functions. Thanks for helping out guys.

Derron(Posted 2014) [#3]
I am really sure that there was a second post some hours ago .. which answered your question.

Now there is a double post from you ... odd.

bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#4]
I wrote a cross-platform BaH.FileSystemEX module which is basically BRL.Filesystem with large file support - it requires my Boost module too (as it uses boost filesystem).

TikiDays(Posted 2014) [#5]
Thanks Bruce! Can you make available on your site? Explains why I didn't spot! :)

TikiDays(Posted 2014) [#6]
I found the svn version of filesystemex, I think I have it setup right, but the required boost mod won't compile, I get the following error;

1 error generated.
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/boost.mod/src/libs/filesystem/src/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp

File not found error
#include "libs/detail/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp"

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#7]
I just recompiled it on Mavericks (clang 500.2.79) fine.
What error are you getting exactly?

Are you using both SVN boost and FilesystemEx ?

$ ./bmk makemods -a bah.filesystemex
Compiling:codecvt_error_category.cpp
Compiling:operations.cpp
Compiling:path_traits.cpp
Compiling:path.cpp
Compiling:portability.cpp
Compiling:unique_path.cpp
Compiling:windows_file_codecvt.cpp
Compiling:utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
Compiling:glue.cpp
Compiling:common.bmx
Compiling:filesystemex.bmx
Archiving:filesystemex.debug.macos.x86.a

TikiDays(Posted 2014) [#8]
Thanks Brucey,

I am bit of a novice, I actually had no idea how to use SVN. Was using your last Zip package. Looking at the repository I assumed you would need a client to bring down the files , googled and discovered XCODE has a SVN client, pasted http://maxmods.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ into this and pointed it back to the BaH.Mod folder in my BlitzMax application folder in the belief it would Sync the latest files down. It did! Complete guess work on my part :) Learn something every day.

Some Mods didn't compile FYI Chipmunk, Clearsilver,Speech Mod, Lib*, DBMSQL, Raptor amongst others but Boost and FileSystemEX work as expected, working on moving everything over to your commands, many thanks!

Thanks for your support of the BlitzMax community by the way.
All the best. Tim.