SetPageToolTip() for wxAuiNotebook

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/SetPageToolTip() for wxAuiNotebook

UNZ(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi Brucey,

I would like the method SetPageToolTip of the wxAuiNotebook class in wxMax.
It is useful to add information about a tab (eg. in an editor the tab text could be a file's name and the tooltip is the complete path).

Would be nice if you add it.

thx

UNZ(Posted 2014) [#2]
I want to release a new version of indevIDE tomorrow so I give this a little
*push*

:)

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#3]
I want to release a new version of indevIDE tomorrow so I give this a little

Then you better hurry up and add the feature instead of playing on the forums. wxMax is open source, you can add whatever you want to it. :)

UNZ(Posted 2014) [#4]
I can't update the svn repository.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#5]
You do not need to in order to use BlitzMax to compile the changes you have made. BlitzMax compiles from the files on your hard drive.

UNZ(Posted 2014) [#6]
Sure.
But as soon as I want to try it on linux I have to edit the files again or have to copy them or something.
If I set up BlitzMax on a new system and want to continue the project somewhen in the future I have to add the functions again.
Last but not least is indevIDE open source. If someone wants to compile it he has to add the functionality as well.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#7]
So, instead of doing it yourself, you expect Brucey to do it for you in 24 hours?

UNZ(Posted 2014) [#8]
I ask for it, yes.

An alternative would be to give me the right to commit changes. Although I would need an account for googlecode I think.

SetPageToolTip() is about 5 lines that need to be added in the glue code and the wrapper.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#9]
An alternative would be to give me the right to commit changes.
You do not need to, you can compile the changes on your own computer.

SetPageToolTip() is about 5 lines that need to be added in the glue code and the wrapper.
And you are not adding those five lines, because?