SetFocus() not working?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/SetFocus() not working?

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

I'm trying to create an info frame for a control (let's call it myControl) but without loose of focus.
My thought was to call SetFocus() directly after the child frame is shown but it does not work. Calling SetFocus() of myControl does not return the focus to myControl.
This occurs on linux.

example:

Is there another way to do this?

Derron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Maybe the problem is that the focus event is triggered within another event (there were bugs in 2.9.4 for keydown-events not getting triggered in some situations). Changed the update event to evt_char without luck.
Observe the focus event chain?

Another option is that there is a fault in wxwidgets as others had problems in macos 5 years ago - which needed a patch.

bye
Ron

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#3]
This issue is the last that I want to fix before the next release of indevIDE.

If there is no solution I will use the default calltip functions of scintilla on linux.
But you have to choose between calltips or autocomp on typing because they override each other which is very annoying when your typing function parameters...

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#4]
Well, if you are always going to return focus to the originating you could pass the calling control up to the new frame, and have the frame set the focus back once it is finished displaying ?

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#5]
have the frame set the focus back once it is finished displaying

I try to set the focus back in the example but it doesn't work on linux. It does work on windows though.
Plus the frames should both be visible.