CEGui broken?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/CEGui broken?

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#1]
Anything using bah.cegui seems to generate an error on compilation.. e.g. here's the fontdemo example:

Linking:fontdemo.exe
C:/Code/Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui.release.win32.x86.a(CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp:(.text+0x68): undefined reference to `pcre_free'
C:/Code/Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui.release.win32.x86.a(CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp:(.text+0x1da): undefined reference to `pcre_exec'
C:/Code/Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui.release.win32.x86.a(CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp:(.text+0x539): undefined reference to `pcre_free'
C:/Code/Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui.release.win32.x86.a(CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp:(.text+0x5bb): undefined reference to `pcre_compile'
C:/Code/Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui.release.win32.x86.a(CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.cpp:(.text+0x895): undefined reference to `pcre_free'
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Code/Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/examples/fontdemo.exe
Process complete

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#2]
Ooh, I probably need to add a compile option to CEGUI to match the tweak I made to BaH.Regex. (to internally use 16-bit characters, like Max already does - hence removing some character conversions between Max/PCRE)

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#3]
I probably need to add a compile option to CEGUI

Or not...

In the end I just added some utf16<->utf8 support to CEGUI's String class instead, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#4]
Looks like that fixed some of them -- for example the font_demo example works, but others still error out, e.g. test_01.bmx:

test_01:
Executing:test_01.exe
CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in file c:/code/blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui/include/CEGUINamedXMLResourceManager.h(279) : NamedXMLResourceManager::get: No object of type 'Font' named 'DejaVuSans-10' is present in the collection.
CEGUI::UnknownObjectException : NamedXMLResourceManager::get: No object of type 'Font' named 'DejaVuSans-10' is present in the collection.
Process complete

(I do see a file called DejaVuSans-10.font in several locations across the cegui.mod folder, and the font_text demo that's in the same examples folder does successfully load it)

- Also noticed that the 'age' and 'password' fields in the text demo aren't editable

Kind of related:
I've been trying to get the Raknet module to work properly under windows (the SVN version won't compile at all -- throws a bunch of errors on compile time.
From what I can tell, it's missing a number of 'this->' prefixes in raknet's DS_BinarySearchTree.h file...
After changing those, the performance analyses exmaple file compiles and appears to run properly...
but the other samples have dependencies on cegui, and still through additional errors, e.g.:
Raknet's ReadyEvent sample. Starts OK, but when you hit the 'c' to connect to the system it immediately bombs out with a Cegui error:
Executing:ReadyEvent.exe
CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in file c:/code/blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui/src/falagard/CEGUIFalWidgetLookFeel.cpp(64) : WidgetLookFeel::getImagerySection - unknown imagery section 'Carat' in look 'WindowsLook/Editbox'.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CEGUI::UnknownObjectException'

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#5]
I've fixed the regex stuff in cegui which now correctly validates fields (like those for age and password). And I updated some of the examples, which should now work better.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#6]
Thanks, looks like that does indeed get the examples working...

Still getting cegui errors when it's being called by the raknet examples, though. :-?

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#7]
Trying to get the Raknet examples to work as well but receiving the same error -

CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in file C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui/src/falagard/CEGUIFalWidgetLookFeel.cpp(64) : WidgetLookFeel::getImagerySection - unknown imagery section 'Carat' in look 'WindowsLook/Editbox'.

markcw(Posted 2014) [#8]
Testing this on Linux there was an ldl error from CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp so I added this to cegui.bmx. Nice GUI!
?linux
Import "-ldl"
?

Derron(Posted 2014) [#9]
Tried to compile it ... but it needs FreeImage ... so I think the "free image compatibility" issues might still be around.

Also I do not know what version of CeGUI is wrapped ... as of v0.8 imagesets (texture atlas) are redone.

The examples in the cegui-folder do not show "texture atlas" usage - so most will copy the way the demos/samples utilize the images: this leads to really much texture switches (each part of the widget might be a different imagefile).

Above is the reason for me to have my own gui system which utilizes my sprite-class but of course also has (way) more bugs and (way) less features.

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#10]
Hey Brucey, I'm trying to build CEGUI but I'm getting this error <pcre.h> not found.

I already downloaded FreeImage, Regex and the CEGUIOpenGL mod from your repo. Anything else that I have missed?

C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/cegui/include/CEGUIPCRERegexMatcher.h:33:18: fatal error: pcre.h: No such file or directory
 #include <pcre.h>

sebas76(Posted 2016) [#11]
Same error for me. No pcre.h file found !