wxTextValidator and App Icon

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxTextValidator and App Icon

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#1]
I think the consts for the different type of validators might be out of date. I was using wxFILTER_NUMERIC which should allow numbers and decimal points, but it was behaving like alpha numeric. I manually set it to 32 after looking here: http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.9.5/valtext_8h.html#aa02d29254d60e0c81f17696c9cecbd07ad5c28afce09912e2440b5c267737644f and that seems to indeed be the numeric filter.

And while I'm here, any idea how you go about changing the application icon? wxWidgets now seems to override whatever icon I set when compiling with blide with it's own, but I can't see where you define that...

Cheers!

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#2]
Be sure to be using the Publish setting on BLIde. Not just compile as Icon is set when the Public option is used, not when the regular Build is used under BLIde. Compiling the icon resource takes some (not many) seconds, so I leaved it only to the publishing pass

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yeah this is with the publish feature of blide, wxWidgets seems to override anything you set there. I think there might be somekind of resource file in wx that sets a default icon...

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#4]
There's a wx_rc.o in the lib/win32 folder that is added to the build. The icon is probably defined in there.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#5]
Ok thanks Brucey. Digging around it looks like I need to edit the wx.rc file in include/wx/msw... But I guess I'd have to recreate that .o file somehow after doing that?

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#6]
Apologies for not looking into this properly…

The comment in wx.mod/common.bmx says :

' NOTE : this is the file wx.rc from include/wx/msw/wx.rc
' Compiled with windres and given the name wx_rc.o
Import "../lib/win32/wx_rc.o"

so I think you can edit the file from the include folder, and rebuild it using windres.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#7]
Ok cool. In the end it occurred to me I can assign the icon when I build the installer using innosetup, so it was easier to do that in the end. Thanks for looking into it :)