Now with extra weppyness

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Now with extra weppyness

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#1]
Freeimage now includes support for the WebP image format. Ooer!

In other news, I'm also testing the premise that both libpng and zlib support custom prefixes, thus allowing the use of different versions of said libraries in a single app.
Ah, I hear you say, but why on earth would you want to use multiple versions of something at the same time?
Well, normally you wouldn't, but since BlitzMax has its own libpng and zlib versions, it's often difficult to build an application with features A, B and C, where C requires B (perhaps through bad design), but A includes its own versions of B's libraries.

And at some point, wxMax will need to be modified to have libpng as a builtin with its own prefix - and therefore hopefully nullifying that similar problem.

*phew*

Armitage 1982(Posted 2013) [#2]
Does that mean I'm not more mandated to "remove" jpgloader.mod and pngloader.mod from the standard BlitzMax set of modules when using Freeimage ?

That would be awesome :)

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#3]
Brucey. What are advantages in using this than blitzmax default image api thing?

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#4]
Does that mean … ?

I can't talk for jpgloader, but it should be correct for pngloader - although you should not have a reason to have both (freeimage and XXloader) imported together.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#5]
could that fix bah.magick as well?

(It's conflicting with pub.libjpeg)

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#6]
I've added the fi_ prefix for the bundled libjpeg now too. The test apps still seem to work, so it looks like it's using the new prefix.

What are advantages in using this than blitzmax default image api thing?

Up-to-date image libraries. Lots of image formats. Basic image manipulation. Support for animated gifs.
More general information can be viewed on the FreeImage features page.

Other modules, such as CEGUI, require FreeImage.

Of course, if the included BlitzMax modules do everything you want, then you don't really need a different one.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#7]

Armitage 1982(Posted 2013) [#8]
although you should not have a reason to have both (freeimage and XXloader) imported together.

Yeah I know, we already talk about that once. But I stopped acting logical when I was releasing product :D

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#9]
previous declaration of 'UINT8' was here

I know. It's a "feature" of libjpeg. I'm going to have to include its own libjpeg, unfortunately, because I can't get around it otherwise…

Chaduke(Posted 2013) [#10]
Is there a way around the previous declaration issues of UINT8 and UINT16? I was going to work with the magick.mod today and got this error with bmk.

Chaduke(Posted 2013) [#11]
Nevermind my svn was older than I realized.