wxMax core event handler tweaks

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxMax core event handler tweaks

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#1]
I've recently tweaked the way the event handler stuff is managed, whilst adding the ability to Disconnect() previously connected events.

It all appears to work as before, but if you think you see anything strange, please let me know.

Thanks!

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#2]
Thanks to UNZ for being my guinea pig!

(or perhaps the only one actually using it other than myself ;-)

Henri(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hello,

I have a friend who is making software for corporations and he tells me they prefer wxwidgets over MS so there is a demand for it. Only thing that perhaps puts me of is that I prefer the stock MinGW version and setting up different setup is bit of a hazzle. That been said, it doesn't stop me for using your other modules :-)

- Henri

Derron(Posted 2013) [#4]
Same as henri said concerning MinGw ... just had a nice session of 3hrs to get a game compiled again (it uses maxmod2 in a slight modified way) and I run into sjlj/rewind-etc errors.

Ok, no problem, recompiled all modules - still got that error, changed mingw (copied files etc.), recompiled - hey newer versions take longer to compile - still error ... Using the TDM-versions I did not get the maxmod to compile (while I used them for wxMax).

So now I have to run multiple virtual machines to get the build I want on windows - or someone takes the hassle of writing a nice streaming-audio-module (which does not have DLLs on Windows and isn't holding the licence-fee-sign in the background - I do not need a whooly pig but a simple audio streamer for oggvorbis).

or perhaps the only one actually using it other than myself ;-)

I just have other projects to do which aren't related to wxmax or blitzmax. But when finished I have to produce the next version of my filter software (product revolution not evolution) so I will try to convert it from maxgui to wxmax (wxmax wasn't compileable at that time for me on linux).

bye
Ron