wxHtmlWindow

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxHtmlWindow

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

the presentation of a html page is pretty much ugly in a wxHtmlWindow, isn't it?

In my web browser (and MaxIDE as well) a page from HotDocs looks like:

In the wxHtmlWindow example the page looks like:

Is this right?
Is there another module I can use with wxMax to display html pages?

What about wxWebConnect? Could you include it in wxMax, Brucey? :)

Thx for the help

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#2]
Well, there's also wxWebView, but I haven't looked into it yet. Apparently it uses IE on Windows and WebKit on OSX/Linux.

I had started some basic work with webconnect, but cross-platform support was not good - and that's important for me.

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#3]
I thought everything of wxWidgets is cross-platform?

Ok then, what about bah.gtkwebmozilla?
This is a html view, isn't it?
Could I use this with wxMax?

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#4]
webconnect was not written by the wx guys, and was primarily a Windows library. They appeared to looked into adding support for OS X, but I had trouble getting it to work.

BaH.GTK* is for Linux.

I'm looking at the webview stuff.
It uses a factory to generate the wxWebView object, which is going to prevent me subclassing it… ho hum.

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#5]
wxWebView is rather nice :-)

Apart from my being unable to subclass it - and hence, properly attach/detach my hook with it. So, if anyone knows how I can be notified when an object is about to be deleted… :p

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#6]
webview sample is coming along…

On the way, I discovered a lot of issues with wxToolBar. Seems they changed a lot of its functionality at some point which broke my glue. Either that or I don't know what I'm doing :-p

Anyhoo, will soon have a nicely functional browser :-)

Derron(Posted 2013) [#7]
Anyhoo, will soon have a nicely functional browser :-)

Do not forget to add traceless browsing :p.

Didn't you try something to automate more of the glue generation? Don't know if an improvement there would make manual changes to some bugged code obsolete.

bye
Ron

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#8]
The WebView is awesome!
Thank you very much :)

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#9]
Didn't you try something to automate more of the glue generation?

I have a basic glue/module generator, but it is not ready for real work - you can give it a basic class to process, and it will generate runnable code, but for a big-ass library, it requires more work.

Still, it would be nice to drop a big library into it one day and have it generate something I didn't have to tweak :-)

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#10]
Is there any html "viewer" that doesn't use IE on Windows? I'd love to build a custom browser, but I'll never trust IE to open anything...

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#11]
Presumably wxWebView uses it because IE is guaranteed to be on the machine.

Qt comes with its own WebKit.