DebugStop -> Continue ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/DebugStop -> Continue ?

essess(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the Continue button after hitting a DebugStop. I've spend the last few hours trying to find out why and have no idea. I've seen someone mention it here. I have the same problem.

I simply entered DebugStop in some example code, debug is on. It hits the DebugStop and I never get the icon to change (and no ability to continue).

I'm using the demo (reported as 1.37) on Win7 x64. I suppose I could try a BLIde demo to validate functionality, but does it work on the demo version ? I really can't justify spending more on an editor than I would for Blitzmax just to get continue functionality so I do need to ensure that Blitzmax will actually work on my platform first. I might spend 40$ for BLIde, but 107$usd is too much.

do you need any other information ?

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
That demo *really* needs updating. It is years out of date.

If you set a breakpoint (DebugStop), the Build/Run button changes to a green circle (marked "continue"). Click that to resume your program execution.

If you don't get that in 1.37, then I don't know. I'm using 1.48 and it works perfectly in that.

Oh, you'll definitely want BLIde too. $107 for Blitzmax + BLIde is nothing, considering what you're getting.

essess(Posted 2013) [#3]
I misunderstood the pricing I guess. I thought the BLIde price alone was 107$ .. if not, that's a completely reasonable price for the two together. I'm still searching on the BLIde website for where it is mentioned that the two are packaged together.

I completely understand what you're saying - that is not the behavior on my system.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#4]
BLIde does not include BlitzMax. it's a separate product.