MinGW not found. Not in Bmax Demo version?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/MinGW not found. Not in Bmax Demo version?

Galdy(Posted 2013) [#1]
When I tried to publish with Blide(demo version), I get a "MinGW Not found." Does this come with the full version of Blitzmax, but not with Bmax demo? I'm using the demo version of Bmax at the moment. One thread seems to indicate that it does come with Bmax. The other threads i looked up talked about installing MinGW and it looks like serius pain in the ars for a newb.

Floyd(Posted 2013) [#2]
MinGW is not included and not needed for BlitzMax code. It is needed to build all the supplied modules, some of which are C/C++. But these are pre-built and included with the BlitzMax distribution.

Maybe there is some limitation of the demo version and stand-alone applications.

Galdy(Posted 2013) [#3]
Perhaps it is needed to produce custom .ico's for the exe from Blide? That is what I was trying to do via Blide's publisher. Perhaps that is a limitation of the Blide demo?

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#4]
MinGW is a free download, but setup can be a bit tricky...

See here for some instructions:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90964

Galdy(Posted 2013) [#5]
I thought I caught a thread that said it came with Bmax? I'll check the link out. Is it worth the hassle or would using some other program to change the icon be easier?

Galdy(Posted 2013) [#6]
Checked link out. Sounds pretty easy to do for Blide users.

Last edited 2013