simple Xinput

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/simple Xinput

fhetskr(Posted 2012) [#1]
sorry for having about ten newb posts at a time, but is there any simple way to use an xbox controller in a game? wow, that was a short post...

awkward...

Midimaster(Posted 2012) [#2]
Don't know whether hthis helps:

some years ago i bought a guitar hero controller (plastic guitar and plastic drums) for Xbox with USB-cables. When I connected it with a PC there were recognized as normal USB Joysticks.

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#3]
There should be something in the code archives. I believe it even supported rumble.

matibee(Posted 2012) [#4]
this might be it. The second d/load is still up....

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=85744

fhetskr(Posted 2012) [#5]
I think that I saw the thread about the guitar controllers being connected, and I've tested some of the rumble programs, but frypad may be just what I need: a simple way to add xbox controller compatibility to games. the sad thing is that it's only my first module that I've installed, so I would prefer to know how to do this in vanilla blitz, which I know is possible. now to search for an hour or so about how to install this module right...

sigh

Last edited 2012

col(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hiya,

A shameless plug from myself :P

XBox360 Controller
Simply copy the xbox360.mod folder and its contents, all 1 files!, into BlitzMax/mod folder, then in the editor, press CTRl-D to build the module. As simple as that!

Full instruction ares in the source code. It supports all features ( except the centre X button ), up to 4 controllers, easy function code recognitions and an option for multi-threading.

Don't worry about giving credit, but you can if want to :D
I'll be changing that notice in the code.

Last edited 2012

fhetskr(Posted 2012) [#7]
I think this module should work. thank you col.