Blitz max compiling program?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Blitz max compiling program?

fhetskr(Posted 2012) [#1]
I know that I just asked about collisions a day or two ago, and this may be a stupid question, but here goes: how do you compile a finished program? I have yet to find the answer after over an hour of google searches, there doesn't seem to be a separate program for compiling, and I haven't seen a function in MaxIDE for compiling either. it would be nice to get an answer quickly. thank you for your consideration, and for reading this far into the post.

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
You press F5 or click the "Run" button. Every time you do this, you are compiling your code. It will be created in the same location as the source code you are compiling.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ctrl+B, or, the standing rocket icon. Running a program (the flying rocket icon) will also compile it, since it needs to be compiled in order to run in the first place... so the compiled version ought to already be right there in your project folder, if you've been testing it.

Open up the "Program" menu and hover over "Build Options" to see some simplified settings to change, as well: you'll want to turn off "Debug Build" once you're done testing, as it significantly slows down the final product, and the same goes for "Threaded Build" unless you're actually using multithreading for something. You can leave "Quick Build" in place unless you're fiddling with modules.

fhetskr(Posted 2012) [#4]
I was aware of the "flying rocket icon", but what I was unaware of was the fact that blitz created a compiled version of the code every time you run it. thank you for the help, though