IfsoGUI Question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/IfsoGUI Question

Takis76(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello ,

I would like to ask , if is it possible to add gadgets not in windows but on the screen , something like the screen is a desktop.

Thank you :)

Takis76(Posted 2012) [#2]
I am answer to myself , I put some gadget to the screen there is a GUI layer and GUI.Addgadget(gadget) adds the gadgets

Which was created by GUI.SetResolution(1024, 768)

I will try to make some tip puting images on the screen at least.

Takis76(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have few new questions about ifsoGUI , spinners.

How to set a value of a spinner?
How to get the value?
How to set the max and min values?

Thank you :)

matibee(Posted 2012) [#4]
I've looked at the wiki page for a spinner gadget and there doesn't seem to be any particular methods to do what you are asking. This leads me to think the spinner works differently to what you expect..

1) the spinner posts a +1 or -1 message
2) you intercept and deal with that message anyway you wish (ie keep your own "value" and monitor its bounds etc)

Last edited 2012

TaskMaster(Posted 2012) [#5]
I answered this question on my web site. Questions like this really should be asked there for a faster response from me.

The spinner gives an event for click up and down. You have tohandle the event. You can use a textbox or a label, or there is a gadget called a spinbox made specifically to handle the spinner if you want to use it. The spinbox is not detailed on the wiki, an oversight on my part. I will add it when I get a chance.

I believe one of the sample apps has a spinbox on it. So, you can easily use that example to get it working.