Just bought Bmac for Mac. First Problems

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Just bought Bmac for Mac. First Problems

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi!

I just bougth and downloaded BlitzMax for my Mac (OS 10.6).

I have some experience with Blitz3D but right now I have no idea what is going on.

I tried making a new Tab, typed

Print "Hello World!" 

and hit "Build and Run".

The first thing I got in my OutPut-Window:

Building untitled3
Compiling:untitled3.bmx
sh: as: command not found
Build Error: Failed to assemble /Applications/BlitzMax/tmp/.bmx/untitled3.bmx.gui.debug.macos.x86.s
Process complete

I tried building a couple of Sample-Programs but got similar results.

What do I have to do?

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Probably need to rebuild modules.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#3]
AFAIK, you're required to install x-code in your mac. You can get it from apple.com or you can use your original system disk to add the package. It's not installed by default on mac computers as most mac users are not developers.

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks for the replies so far.

I already have XCode installed.

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#5]
So.

I have XCode installed, I also tried that "Build Modules" thing but I still can't Run or Compile anything. I can't do anything with this software right now.

What might be the problem?

col(Posted 2012) [#6]
Reinstall xcode? Im sure I've read that as and sh are tools in the xcode installation.

skidracer(Posted 2012) [#7]
Are you using latest BlitzMax (downloaded from the Accounts / Product Updates section of this site)?

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#8]
I'm using BlitzMax Release 1.44

I could try to reinstall Xcode. Would it be okay to install XCode version 3? I'm using Snow Leopard so the newest version wouldn't run on my Computer. (4.2.1 is OS X Lion only).

GfK(Posted 2012) [#9]
You need to be using 1.46 i think. 1.45 had issues on mac and i think 1.44 may have done too.

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#10]
Installed 1.46. Didn't change a thing. :-(

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#11]
have you tried to install Project Builder?
if all fails just Uninstall + delete any other remaining files, Reboot, and Reinstall Blitz. Hope that helps ya out :)

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#12]
Okay, I completely stripped Xcode from my Mac and reinstalled it from the Leopard-Disk.

And everything seems to work fine now. :-D

Thanks all :-)

ima747(Posted 2012) [#13]
fyi, xcode 4.2 is available for snow leopard through the apple developer portal.

Capirola(Posted 2012) [#14]
thanks. but I wont really use xcode anyway :-)

yet, concerning IDEs: Can anyone recommend a really good IDE to use with Bmax on Mac?

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#15]
thanks. but I won't really use xcode anyway :-)

Not intentionally perhaps, but there are a lot of 3rd party modules for blitzmax which may require the latest version to be installed in order to (re)compile them.