"Rebuild Docs" gotcha in latest versions/Win7?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/"Rebuild Docs" gotcha in latest versions/Win7?

Sledge(Posted 2011) [#1]
Finally joined the modern world with a Win7 machine and thought I'd get beck into Max (after an excursion in Monkey), but I don't seem to be able to build the documentation for 3rd party mods. I've tried it through MaxIDE and BLIde, both running as admin, but no joy -- I can build 3rd party mods but not their respective 'commands' files.

For the time being I've taken to swiping the 'commands' files from the 3rd party mod folders I compiled under XP, but that's obviously not ideal. Any ideas, folks?

TomToad(Posted 2011) [#2]
No problems here. Is your BlitzMax folder happen to be in the Program Files folder? Vista and Win7 enforce no altering the Program Files folder once a program has been installed. You either need to run MaxIDE as administrator or turn off UAE.

To run as administrator, just right-click the IDE icon and choose "Run as administrator."

It is better to install BlitzMax in the root folder (i.e. C:\BlitzMax)

Sledge(Posted 2011) [#3]
It's already both in C:\BlitzMax & running as admin, I'm afraid. (EDIT: I'm thinking that it probably isn't building any documentation and that the 1st party stuff simply comes pre-built.)

Last edited 2011