Please Help!?!?!?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Please Help!?!?!?

Ev(Posted 2011) [#1]
I recently bought BlitzMax for the Mac and everything works fine until I go to compile the program. I am somewhat of a noob, but what I was trying was very simple:

Print "I'm Awesome"
End

Yes I know it's slightly immature, but I didn't know what else to put. So I began compiling, and an error popped up saying:

Compile Error
Can't find interface for module 'brl.blitz'

Just to make sure I didn't completely suck, I chose one of the example programs and tried it. The same thing happened. Help?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Program menu>>Build Modules

You'll need XCode installed. Its on your MacOS install disk.

Ev(Posted 2011) [#3]
Ok thanks. Is it also available by download? My friend gave me this Mac and I was unaware of an install disk.

Abazek(Posted 2011) [#4]
Best thing would be to get an actual Mac OS X disc, because odds are very high that someday you'll need it. You can buy OS X 10.6 ("Snow Leopard") for $30 from any place that sells Mac software. Older versions of Mac OS X can be found on eBay, often for cheaper than this.

You can download XCode Tools from www.apple.com -- just go there and search for XCode. At the time of this typing (June 2011), it is here:
http://developer.apple.com/technologies/

Apple tends to change thier website frequently, so if you can't find it at the above link, just use their search feature.

Last edited 2011

Abazek(Posted 2011) [#5]
Here, try this out as your second program:

' Short, sweet, and does something neat...
'
Strict
Local i:Int

Graphics 640,480,0,0

For i=1 To 255 Step 15
   SetColor i,i,i
   DrawText "I AM AWESOME!!",100,i
Next
SetColor 200,200,50
DrawText "Press ESC Key to exit...",50,300
Flip

While Not KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)