BlitzMax on Snow Leopard - really newbie question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax on Snow Leopard - really newbie question

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all,
Let's see, I'm using Blitzmax 1.41 on Leopard 10.5.8 in my MacMini, this evening I'm going to installing Snow Leopard on it... In order to keep BlitzMax working what do i need? Just install (update, not a new installation) Snow Leopard? Do I need update XCode or another program?
Thanks in advance and excuse my english.

Regards

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#2]
I expect you'll need to update to the new Xcode too. it should be on your Snow Leopard install disk.

Cheers
Charlie

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2011) [#3]
Ok, so I'll try this evening update the O.S. and XCode... hope it works :)
Thanks for your help.
Regards

GfK(Posted 2011) [#4]
You just need XCode. I bought my iMac last summer and installed XCode off the CD, but even then there was an enormous (~1GB) update to download for it.

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#5]
installed XCode off the CD, but even then there was an enormous (~1GB) update to download for it.
Damn! Apple must have learned how to do updates from Microsoft.

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#6]
You don't *have* to install the update though. Only if you need the latest version for a specific reason, such as doing an app store build.

Cheers
Charlie

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2011) [#7]
Hi all,
finally I get SnowLeopard and BlitzMax working in my Mac Mini. First time, the update fails and I need to do a fresh install... luckily I dont lost nothing too important... so, keep in mind to make a backup of your important files regularly :)
Finally I need to instal XCode (included in the SnowLeopard DVD) in order to build modules and compile my games with BlitzMax.
Thanks to all.
Best Regards