Circular Sector - Image Drawing

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Circular Sector - Image Drawing

Matt Vinyl(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello all,

I've posted something similar to this before, but I couldn't, at the time, find a suitable example to explain exactly what I was trying to achieve.

Thankfully, Wiki has provided me with an ideal example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_sector

I want to be able to draw a circular image (for this examples sake, a dartboard) fully and then, over time 'reduce'. So essentially in the example picture on the Wiki link, è=0 to start with, and then 60 seconds later è=360.

I could get the mathematics to work OK, but how would I 'draw an image' in this format? Pondered a number of methods but nothing has produced the result as expected.

Please let me know if explaining further would help.

Kindest regards,
Matt...

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#2]
The fastest way I can think of would be to draw textured polygons. There's code lying around somewhere to do that.

Matt Vinyl(Posted 2011) [#3]
Is it something to do with 'Triangle Fan' or some such thing? Should mention I'm making a fully 2D game.

I sort of imagined that many people must've wanted to have done this before - plus I've seen it in many games I've played, used in things such as timers, etc.

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#4]
what about the drawpolygon command?

http://blitzbasic.com/bmdocs/command.php?name=DrawPoly&ref=2d_a-z

Last edited 2011

Oddball(Posted 2011) [#5]

Requires my Odd2D module linked in my sig or you can get it from here. Oh, and replace "dartboard.jpeg" with your own image.

Enjoy!

Last edited 2011

Oddball(Posted 2011) [#6]
I got a little bored so I added a few options to play around with.

Last edited 2011

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#7]
what about the drawpolygon command?
Amazing, I never knew this command existed...

Matt Vinyl(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hiya, sorry - I should've replied sooner. The oddmodule is very useful and works perfectly! Eill also experiment with DrawPolygon - I didn't know of it's existence either... :)