Simple Solitaire

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Simple Solitaire

Shortwind(Posted 2011) [#1]
Has anyone programmed a simple version of solitaire in bmax?

I'm looking for a example that you can release as sort of a tutorial for the community.

I'm most interesting in the graphics abilities. Displaying the cards, drag and drop, simple things.

How best to setup the oop management of the deck and rule set would be very helpful as well.

I've tried to program card games before, and I know as soon as I see some decent example I'll probably have one of those, "duh, that was so obvious" moments. :D

So if anyone has any resource, or free code, that would be awesome!

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#2]
you just had to do a search in the right place:
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=92445#1053417
and good luck figuring it out. not optimized or too well tought out but it works.
I also got too lazy to document it but it's modular(objects) so it might not be too hard to figure out.
if you have any questions regarding it's functionality just ask and I'll try to explain it as best as I can.
I do have the good graphics from the Microsoft spider Solitaire but I didn't want to post them so I made a degraded version of them to post. if you have some graphics of your own just put them in the same order and same format, change the reading size and it should work from there.

Last edited 2011