MaxIDE Community Edition Crashes On Loading

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/MaxIDE Community Edition Crashes On Loading

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi.

I'm attempting to use the MaxIDE Community Edition 2.01 with BlitzMaxDemo137 but it crashes half way through loading.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

I'm running Windows XP SP3.

Cheers.

Perturbatio(Posted 2011) [#2]
It crashes for me on the full version, it's probably just buggy.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#3]
Does the demo work properly for you with the official IDE? i.e. can you confirm there's a problem with CE, or is it with the demo...

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#4]
Yeah, the official IDE works fine.

I'd love to use CE though.

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#5]
Actually, am I required to have the latest version of MaxGUI to run CE?

Perturbatio(Posted 2011) [#6]
No, only to compile

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#7]
I guess you're right then Perturbatio, it's probably just buggy. : (

Ideally I want an IDE that's small and fast so I'm giving HydraMax a shot and so far it seems pretty good despite not having been in development for some four years.

Incidentally, has anyone else found Max's native IDE continually reverts back to a `default' font irrespective of what you've set under IDE Options?

Thankfully this isn't a problem with Hydra.

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#8]
As a follow up to my last post;

Max's IDE font always defaults to Window's `Message Box' font so if you're not fond of Tahoma change it to something more suitable. Of course your Message boxes may not look so hot but until the IDE Options bug is fixed this is your only work around.

Perturbatio(Posted 2011) [#9]
Incidentally, has anyone else found Max's native IDE continually reverts back to a `default' font irrespective of what you've set under IDE Options?

Nope, but it might be related to you using the demo rather than the full version.

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#10]
Maybe it's been fixed since 1.37 or something's a miss with the demo version?

What version is Max at now?

Perturbatio(Posted 2011) [#11]

Bosco(Posted 2011) [#12]
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After messing around with Window's font settings Max has started behaving correctly.

I have no idea why one should affect the other?