Learning LUA. Help Please! Please! Please!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Learning LUA. Help Please! Please! Please!

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#1]
I just decided that I was going to learn LUA. I did some searching in these forums and found the posting That Therevills made and the space invaders that Nillium fixed. but I have a problem and I can't figure out how to solve it. it appears that the sample code is not compatible with the latest version of LUGI. when I try to run it I get the error:

Unhadle exception: alien_script.lua:47:attempt to call global 'CreateSprite' (a nil value)'

anybody knows how to fix this?

this is the code:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=85952#973618

I was going to try Zeke's mod but I can't use it on this old PPC I am working on because it requires an intel mac.

to make it clear, if it's not all ready, this is all being done on an old PPC laptop.

Last edited 2010

Zeke(Posted 2010) [#2]
first, you need to generate glue code. so change Const GENERATE_GLUE:Int = True and build&run in DEBUG mode.
set GENERATE_GLUE back to FALSE and uncomment line: Include "glue.bmx" and build & run.

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks Zeke! Much appreciated.

AnniXa(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hey, i tried to use luGi today.
the generating of the gluecode is working, but when i then try it with

import lugi.core

then i get the following error:

"X:/BlitzMax/mod/lugi.mod/core.mod/core.debug.win32.x86.a(core.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o):(code+0x3b): undefined reference to `__bb_luajit1_luajit1'"

i have zeke.luajit1 and zeke.luajit2.
What did i made wrong?

the whole code of the file:

SuperStrict

Import lugi.Core

EDIT: i just made a new clean install of blitzmax and not its working fine =)

Last edited 2012