Installing MaxIde

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Installing MaxIde

jankupila(Posted 2010) [#1]
I don't know if this topic is in right place but I try it here. I have purchased MaxIde but I don't know how to install it to Blitzmax. Could somebody put here link how to install it? I have 32bit PC Windows XP.

Last edited 2010

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#2]
MaxIDE? Do you mean BlitzMax? If so:

1. Click on the forum tab that says "account".
2. Click on "Product Updates".
3. Right next to where it says "BlitzMax 1.41", click on where it says "Windows".
4. Download the file and remember the directory you download it to.
5. Once the file has been downloaded, go to that directory and click on the file which is named: "BlitzMax141_win32x86.exe"
6. Follow the instructions for the installer.

If you do not have anything listed under "Product Updates", you need to click on "Register Product" on the "Account" tab. Select "Blitz Max" as the product and enter the registration code you were given when you purchased the product and received your email. Then follow the previous instructions.

If you do mean MaxIDE and not BlitzMax, please ignore my post.

jankupila(Posted 2010) [#3]
Well, I meant MaxIde, and I have registered it. I dont know to which folder I have to extract it and what to do after that.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#4]
If by MaxIde you mean the community edition of MaxIde, then you should be able to just copy it into the BlitzMax directory.

If you are meaning BlitzMax, follow the instructions in the previous post. You should be able to start the installer and follow the instructions shown on each screen and accept the default options. It will put an icon in your start menu that you click on to run it. Installing BlitzMax is not really different from installing most programs as BlitzMax's installer conforms to the accepted "standards".

jankupila(Posted 2010) [#5]
OK. Thank you.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#6]
I should mention that if you install BlitzMax and run it for the first time, it might (I can't remember as it has been a while since I installed it) give you a prompt to rebuild the docs. Just click on ok, or yes and it will automatically handle this for you so the help files will display properly.