New to BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/New to BlitzMax

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello!
Its been quite a while since Ive been to the Blitz forums. I created a few games a long time ago using B3d including a multiplayer yahtzee clone that I absolutely loved! The problem was if I released it, it would become freeware with no way for me to make money from it. So I decided to go the browser game route which Blitz3d or Blitzmax doesn't offer to much for. I tried using 3rd party programs to get my B3d game online but to no avail. I have been reading through the posts and read alot of BlitzMax > B3d so I am now looking into Blitzmax to assuage my game programming needs, regardless of wether I can get the games online or not. I've been using Flash and Java for quite awhile now, but they aren't capable of doing what I would like, (Java requiring 3rd party libraries that dont really work as intended) and Flash not being suited for complex RTS or RPG games.

The question is (as has been asked many times, hehehe) are there any plans by anyone to write a 3rd party module that would allow a Blitzmax game to run in the browser? Do the Blitz Devs plan on this in the future? Is osakit dead?

thanks for any info and hopefully I found my new home for the next few years!

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#2]
have a read

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2010) [#3]
WOW! After searching for a couple hours yesterday I did not see anything relating to that and all I have to say is AWESOME! Overall I had the most fun and the most rewarding experiencing using Blitz3d, I went to Java out of necessity due to the fact that I needed my projects to be played online. I really missed the ease of the language and the quick prototyping of projects.

Being able to port BMX projects to other platforms will definitely put it on the top of the list in my book.

Thank you very much for the answer and pointing me to that! Very, Very much appreciated!

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#4]
Do note that 'bmx2' is NOT the same product as Blitzmax, but an entirely new system that is currently being developed.