Compiling for MacOS

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Compiling for MacOS

Rick_72(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hey guys,

I want to compile some stuff for MacOS. Is it that simple just to put

?MacOS
DoStuff..
?

in it? I guess I have to replace all graphical stuff by the equivalent OpenGL-commands. But what about sound?

Thanks!

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
Unless you are using windows specific API calls, most code can stay as it is.

If you are using the standard BlitzMax APIs, then you won't have much to change - if anything.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#3]
As Brucey said, unless you're doing OS specific things (like stuff you want to have happen only on one OS) all standard bmax commands are OS independent, that's one of the biggest values of bmax IMO, you can just compile for mac or windows or linux and all the work has been done for you.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#4]
From your post, it sounds like you want to compile for MacOS from Windows?

If that's the case - you can't. Otherwise, what he said ^^

Rick_72(Posted 2010) [#5]
@GfK: exactly. I'm using a M$ system and would like to compile my stuff for MacOS. That's not possible? In that case I have to download the Mac-version and find someone with an Apple (let's have a look in the garden). Whatever, thanks for your help!

therevills(Posted 2010) [#6]
You could try an emulator or a hack(intoch)...

GfK(Posted 2010) [#7]
Well, you could always sell your PC (and a few vital organs to make up the shortfall), buy a Mac, apply a smattering of witchcraft courtesy of Brucey which will allow you to build Windows binaries from MacOS.

Unfortunately that sort of trickery can only be done from MacOS - not Windows.

Rick_72(Posted 2010) [#8]
Yeah, buy an apple. What pain ..?! To have a computer that talks to Steve allday long about what I'm doing. ;-)

So, no Mac programs.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#9]
Yeah, buy an apple. What pain ..?! To have a computer that talks to Steve allday long about what I'm doing. ;-)

As opposed to one that talks to Bill all day about what you're doing?