Using Xors3D

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Using Xors3D

Eric(Posted 2010) [#1]
Is anyone here using Xors3D with Bmax? Does anyone have any examples of code besides the ones on their website?

I would appreciate any comments on this engine.. is it good? Fast? worth the money?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

JBR(Posted 2010) [#2]
Hi Eric,

I've been using it for a while now, coming from B3D. I think it has all the B3D command and more. It's still in constant development, so may not have some features finalised. Check with their site & forum.

I find it fast and stable for what I 'try' to do. Definitly worth the money - it's free!

It's also DX9 based - more stable than B3D (DX7).

Jim

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#3]
Definitly worth the money - it's free!

Since when? I could have sworn it was $100 when it first came out?

JBR(Posted 2010) [#4]
Yes, you get 30mins playtime everytime free.

Zethrax(Posted 2010) [#5]
The demo version is free, as all demo versions are. You can't use it for release products, and there's a 30 minute cut-off timer.

The version you can actually use for proper development is currently priced at $100.

http://xors3d.com/licensing

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hello Eric!
Come back on Monday - we'll translate B3D-samples into BMax and C. Actually, they are already ready, but we are going to add some new.

Eric(Posted 2010) [#7]
I look forward to it... I'm really looking for a 3d/physics solution for BMax.

I love Bmax's syntax and would prefer to stick with it... I'm hoping Xors3D is that solution.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric(Posted 2010) [#8]
Xors Team,

I noticed the the command set in Xors3D doesn't highlight in the BlitzMax IDE are you planning on doing this is the future?

Best Regards,
Eric

Stu_ovine(Posted 2010) [#9]
Been using Xors3D now for a few months, bugs are addressed and fixed quickly - its still missing its once present deferred lighting but all in all its worth the investment.

The b3d code is easy enough to convert.

Its a shame its not OpenGL but really the Mac isnt top of my list of OS to support.

For those of you looking at iPhone/C development they now have iXors3D available.

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#10]
Xors Team,

I noticed the the command set in Xors3D doesn't highlight in the BlitzMax IDE are you planning on doing this is the future?

Best Regards,
Eric

Module functions highlight when they are documented (doesn't even need to have anything written in the documentation, it just needs the BBDOC syntax).
You need to build a documentation for it. If it doesn't come with the "Rems" with "bbdoc", you need to add them.

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#11]
Eric
Sorry. We didn't finish the samples for BlitzMax yet, because we had another tasks. We'll try to finish them this week.
We could try to add syntax highlight in BlitzMax by ourselves.

Eric(Posted 2010) [#12]
I can add syntax highlight, but then in the future when upgrades happen I'd have to start all over again.

I understand about the samples. :)

Regards,
Eric

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#13]
Hi there.
We managed to highlight functions of Xors3d. However, that works only in BLIde. Every try to make it work in native BlitzMax IDE has failed.
Some people say custom highlight is impossible in BM IDE. Can someone disprove that?

Eric(Posted 2010) [#14]
Nope I can't myself and I've never done it myself... but I found an old copy of HotDocs and it was able to highlight Xors keywords in the native Blitzmax IDE.

Do you have any samples of Xors with Physics samples in Blitzmax?

Thanks,
Eric

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#15]
You can hilight them on the native IDE if the module is properly documented and you run the 'makedocs' tool. (or docmods tool, can't remember wich one).

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#16]
Yes, you get 30mins playtime everytime free.

Ok, this is the 2nd best quote of the year. :)

I really like Xors3D. As said above, it's really easy to port your B3D code over.

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#17]
Has anyone been able to get xors3d running in a maxGUI canvas? all the examples on their forums results in fatal crashes for me.. I'd buy and use xors3d if i could get it to work in maxgui.

Last edited 2010