Win 7 and Building Modules?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Win 7 and Building Modules?

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#1]
I've installed MinGW but the Build Modules option in BMax is grayed out. Anyone know how to get this working or what triggers that option to become available?

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#2]
Will mingw 5.1.6 work?

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#3]
Also, I think it's time for an official Win 7 MinGW install guide because all the ones I've found off-site aren't working...

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#4]
Adding a "MINGW" env variable with "c:\mingw" fixed it. That's not stated anywhere in Ziggy's guide. Just pointing it out...

And 5.1.6 is working fine.

Wiebo(Posted 2010) [#5]
Ziggy's guide is assuming you are using Blide.... The system variable is always needed when this is not the case.

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#6]
Right...was having a hard time finding a non-blide installation guide. Just saying it'd be nice to have an official one stickied for each Windows OS just because so many people are building their own modules etc.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#7]
Ziggy's guide is assuming you are using Blide.... The system variable is always needed when this is not the case.
That's not true, you haven't read the guide. It has a complete list of steps with a tittle that reads 'For non BLIde users', and it states all steps involed in vista, XP and Win7.

Right...was having a hard time finding a non-blide installation guide

Well... you could read mine.
Here's the link in case anyone needs it: http://blide.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=56&p=676

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#8]
There should be a guide here on this site IMHO though. I know the forums have a search feature but it's such an important aspect of blitzmax that it should be a bit...easier to find and whatnot.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#9]
There should be a guide here on this site IMHO though
Agree. How to get MinGW to play nice, is an issue which crops up time and time again. Its a royal ballache installing MinGW and finding a guide on how to get it to work with Blitzmax. Ziggy's one is great, once you've found it. Some are not so great and others are just flat out wrong/incomplete.

A stickytopic on the issue would at least take some of the stress out of it.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#10]
I've added the guide here: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90964