Multiplayer Question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Multiplayer Question

DinoEntrails(Posted 2010) [#1]
I hate to spam the forum again, but I really don't understand what is wrong with what i am doing. In the game I am working on, you start out in a 'lobby' type area, and from there you can choose to fight with someone or go buy items and stuff. You click on fight and the next screen has a list of people hosting games. They each made an object and are waiting. So, you fight with one, and when you are done, both of your objects are closed so the game runs faster for other players. When I go back to the match-finding screen, I am able to remake my object, and it shows up when I use a for loop to go through all the game objects, but no other players can see the new object. Why would this be? I don't know how a GNetObjects will return my object, but others can not see it.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#2]
When you reconnect do you send an "announcement" to all other connected players? The client would then create the object and tie it to the NetworkID/GameObjectID...

DinoEntrails(Posted 2010) [#3]
I don't reconnect, I skip the connecting line of code, because the only thing I close are the objects, which are then not recognized by any other than myself.

How do you send an announcement?

DinoEntrails(Posted 2010) [#4]
I went through and redid it so that instead of deleting the objects, it switches a number in its object so that the other people will not pay any attention to it, then when you create a game, it switches it back to what it should be, so people should see it, but it still doesn't work.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#5]
How do you send an announcement?

There should be a way of sending a packet to all those connected... otherwise you are looking at iterating through each and sending a packet that way.

Basically you would be sending an instruction for all to re-create the object that was previously deleted. I'm not familiar with GNET so I cant answer specific to that module.

gameproducer(Posted 2010) [#6]
A bit of code might help.