Non-standard modules in documentation

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Non-standard modules in documentation

Mauft(Posted 2010) [#1]
Maybe I remember something wrong, but I am fairly sure it was possible to rebuild the documentation to include all of the non-standard modules in it so you don't have to visit module's directory every time you need to check something in it.

I thought that it was feasible either with docmods or makedocs (I am not using any command-line parameters as I know none) but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

So, is this possible and how, or is my memory just getting all fuzzy on me?

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#2]
as long as the mod is in the mod folder and it was properly created just rebuild documentation and it will work.

Mauft(Posted 2010) [#3]
Well it didn't work. I took a look at the source of MakeDocs and it only parses modules in brl, pub and maxgui so that didn't work. I commented out one line of that code and it seems I've got what I needed to do. Thanks still.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#4]
Odd... my help pane includes a tree section called "Third Party Modules" just bellow "Modules" with all my external mod info... Are you talking about forcing the 3rd party modules into the "modules" section? or were you not getting the 3rd party module section at all?

Mauft(Posted 2010) [#5]
Actually I wanted to have the 3rd party ones in the modules section, and now that I look at it the "Third Party Modules" section is nowhere to be find.

markcw(Posted 2010) [#6]
I remember a problem like this before but don't know how it was fixed.

What third party modules, version of Max and IDE do you use?

Mauft(Posted 2010) [#7]
IDE version is 1.38 (though I am using BLIde for my programming) and there are quite a lot modules installed. But never mind that thing, I did it in a workaround manner with which I am perfectly happy :)