What would you like see in Coder 0.3?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/What would you like see in Coder 0.3?

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#1]
If your new to BlitzMax what would you like to see in Blitz Max Coder 0.3 (online magazine for Blitz developers)?

degac(Posted 2010) [#2]
An interview with SimonH about developing for Ipad/Ipod, the porting of Minib3d and what he think about Blitzmax's future...

GW(Posted 2010) [#3]
..and that phantom Lua / Lugi tutorial by Noel.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#4]
See if you can get an interview with Mark about his blog post? That might give him a safe opportunity to discuss it, and maybe some of his thoughts about where Blitz is headed. Where does he see Blitz in the future. I'd personally love to have that conversation with him myself. I'd offer him the right to review prior to posting if you want it to fly.. just suggesting.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#5]
Leadwerks' engine.

GW(Posted 2010) [#6]
Leadwerks' engine.

The magazine already has advertisements.

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#7]
Free adverts at that, but if you have a product you would like to advertise for free let me know!

outsider(Posted 2010) [#8]
An interview with SimonH

Maybe not about iPad\iPod but it's good idea.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#9]
The magazine already has advertisements.
Okay... no articles on commercial products, by order of GW. Count Gerball out, then. You'll be left with a pretty sparse magazine.

Leadwerks is a very successful product developed in Blitz. I know from reading a little of his blogs that Josh has faced some very interesting design decisions and technical challenges which I think would be of interest to people here.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#10]
John Galt: So you want to promote Blitz and a Blitz magazine by having a detailed article on something that is published by The Game Creators, who is a major competitor of Blitz? Perhaps the rest of the mag could be dedicated to Unity, Torque, 3D RAD, etc?

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#11]
If there is a module/library/api/framework that works with BlitzMax and there is an interest then I think it's a valid entry to the magazine!

I am personally tempted to have more of a look at other technologies and have been contemplating doing just that recently to see if I can get my games developed faster and easier.

But in a way I wanted to learn what the 'competition' are doing better and see if I can improve how I develope games with BlitzMax.

It's just something I'm not getting around to but, what would it take to write something along the lines of Game Maker or a 2D Torque style interface for making games?!

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#12]
It's just something I'm not getting around to but, what would it take to write something along the lines of Game Maker or a 2D Torque style interface for making games?
You would likely just have a thread filled with "you are just wrapping BM commands" which is what usually happens the few time I have dug in the archives and seen a post about a WIP game maker.

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#13]
I think the trick would be to release it for free and open source to the community with an appropriate license!

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#14]
That would be ideal.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#15]
It's just something I'm not getting around to but, what would it take to write something along the lines of Game Maker or a 2D Torque style interface for making games?!

A LOT!, thats the path I am on.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#16]
So you want to promote Blitz and a Blitz magazine by having a detailed article on something that is published by The Game Creators, who is a major competitor of Blitz?
I don't consider LWE a competitor of Blitz (programming language cf 3D engine), and who it is published by is of no concern. It's a successful product created with Blitz, and as its author will attest, Blitz is the best language to use with it.

Perhaps the rest of the mag could be dedicated to Unity, Torque, 3D RAD, etc?
This is your suggestion, not mine. Sounds like a dumb idea to me.