BllitzMax can't Compile (Fasm2as failed)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BllitzMax can't Compile (Fasm2as failed)

madcastler(Posted 2010) [#1]
Had trial version of BlitzMax for my Mac Intel and was working fine. Free-use expired so I purchased the $80 program. I deleted the Temporary version and installed BlitzMax.
Upon initial attempts to compile samples and my own programs I got:

Compile Error Can't find interface for module 'brl.blitz'

So, following advice I saw elsewhere on this site I went to Program and clicked Rebuild All Modules. I got an error at the bottom of he rebuild list which said:

sh: line 1: /Users/richardowen/Desktop/BlitzMax/bin/fasm2as: No such file or directory
Fasm2as failed - please contact BRL!
Process complete

Now, upon attempting to compile I get various errors listed below. Can anyone help?

Building dynamicgame
Compiling:minitimer.bmx
sh: line 1: /Users/richardowen/Desktop/BlitzMax/bin/fasm2as: No such file or directory
Fasm2as failed - please contact BRL!
Process complete

Compile Error
Identifier 'TList' not found

Compile Error
Identifier 'TImage' not found

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
Did you download the Intel version?

Have a look in /Users/richardowen/Desktop/BlitzMax/bin for the fasm2as program. If it's not there, you don't have the correct version installed.

madcastler(Posted 2010) [#3]
Brucey -

I checked the bin folder. No fasm2as program that I could see. So maybe I bought wrong version for my Mac INtel, but I don't know what I could have done different.
Under the product download page I can download a "Try Now" (temporary program) for either the Mac Intel or the PowerPC. But to "Buy Now", which is what I need to do since my trial version has expired, the only offering is an icon which is a combo listed as "(MacOS, Power PC)". That is, to "buy" you are buying one download which evidently is supposed to be for both MacOS and PowerPC.
So I really don't know what I have or how to get the right one. I took the only one they offered for "buying" for Mac. I looked inside the program to identify the version and all I got was:BlitzMax Release

Version 1.30 - Copyright Blitz Research Ltd

I don't know what else to do. Can you help?
Thanks!

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
While you are logged in here, go to Account -> Product Updates.

You should see a plethora of versions to download there :-)
The latest release is 1.38

madcastler(Posted 2010) [#5]
Brucey

You have saved the day. It works!
My kid will really be happy when he gets home.
He wants to learn BASIC so that he can learn to program games, etc.
I used to make games in BASIC when I was a kid (way back on Commodore-64!!).
He heard about that and got interested so I got him into this BlitzMax program to start out.
I have not programmed in years but it's coming back to me slowly.

thanks so much