Unrecognized app source file extension:BMX

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Unrecognized app source file extension:BMX

VicToMeyeZR(Posted 2010) [#1]
What does that error mean? Any ideas why it would just show up out of the blue?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2010) [#2]
Where and what is saying this? the o/s when you try to double click on a .bmx file icon on the desktop/explorer window?

d-bug(Posted 2010) [#3]
I had this once, when UltraEdit was trying to push a source-file with an uppercase extension threw bmk... Check extension. When it's uppercase rename the file and try it again.

VicToMeyeZR(Posted 2010) [#4]
It was when I tried to compile a bmx file with the community CE. I posted it in that tread, because thats what it dealt with..(I guess thats what happens when post are moved, because now you have no idea what IDE I am using. It made sense in the CE IDE thread....)

They claim its compatible with brucey's BMK but when I copied his BMK into the bin file, the CE IDE no longer recognized the bmx extension for compiling.

(Yes it worked right before copying that file).

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#5]
the CE IDE no longer recognized the bmx extension for compiling

You mean it no longer recognized the BMX extension

which is a good thing if you plan on using non windows machines in future where upper and lower case are not treated as similar ("bmx" <> "BMX").

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#6]
They claim its compatible with brucey's BMK but when I copied his BMK into the bin file

Did you copy the other required files (those that have the .bmk extension?)
It mentions those in the readme.txt file :-)
They are the supporting Lua-based scripts for it.

VicToMeyeZR(Posted 2010) [#7]
@skkidracer. It has nothing to do with upper/lower case....

Notice I mentioned:
(Yes it worked right before copying that file).

Brucey, no I didn't put the bmk files into the bin directory. I must have missed that part. :)

Will try that

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#8]
If you don't need any of those "extra" features, the default bmk is more than adequate :-)

VicToMeyeZR(Posted 2010) [#9]
cool. Thanks brucey, works perfectly now.