System Requirements for a game

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/System Requirements for a game

Trangof(Posted 2010) [#1]
How can I know the less system requirements of my game? I dont want to test the game in diferent coputer, cause only I have one :)

Thanx.

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#2]
it's all a matter of what your game does. If your computer is a state of the art high tech with the latest graphics card and the game is only capable of doing 30FPS then you know the majority of computer owners will have problem running it but if your computer is a say p3 700MHZ with and Intel graphics card, than you can be sure it will run in most computers. I know of some programmers here that have low specs computer for the purpose of writing games or at lest that what I read. I think that is the best option. another option is to create an executable and post it for others to try it and report on its performance.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#3]
Unfortunately the only way to get accurate minumum specifications, is to actually run it on multiple computers and see how it behaves. You can make some guesses, but it's next to impossible to know if your game is playable on a machine with integrated intel graphics when all you can test it on yourself is a high-end workstation.

You can make some assumptions based on the specifications of a machine and extrapolate from there, but you're still going to need a bigger datasample than just your own computer, no matter what.

The other catch: your minimum requirements really depend on what you consider acceptable / playable, there is no hard, solid line that determines that.