Keywords & Capitalization

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Keywords & Capitalization

Goober(Posted 2010) [#1]
Is there any way I can add my custom methods/functions as keywords so they become the correct case and color?

Or is there a preferred way to set up my project in Visual Studio to use a custom intellisense settings for BlitzMax? and only use the BlitzMax IDE to compile/run/debug

GfK(Posted 2010) [#2]
Try BLIde.

dmaz(Posted 2010) [#3]
turn your more used types and functions into mods and document them with bbdoc

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#4]
Just in case you want to follow Gfk advice... ehem... BLIde autocapitalizes most identifiers as you work. If you haven't done it already I recommend you to test the free edition of BLIde. Links in my signature.

Goober(Posted 2010) [#5]
dmaz, is there a tutorial page for this? I have never done it before but I would love to learn how people release mods.

Amon(Posted 2010) [#6]
And while you at it Ziggy please add autocompletion for tgadget. :)

It doesnt show in the list when I type Windows:tgadget. Just a little niggle is all. :)

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#7]
@Amon: First of all, refresh your modules database after adding the MaxGUI module. (Tools / Refresh modules database now). Also, as TGadget is (you won't believe this) an undocumented class, BLIde will show it on the 'All' tab, and not in the 'Common' tab of the autocompletion list. You can fix this by commenting the class from the module with a bbdoc:, by selecting always the 'all' Tab, or by asking BRL to document the core classes of their libraries, wich would be very cool as they have done (at last) with TImage.

dmaz(Posted 2010) [#8]
is there a tutorial page for this?

yep...
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68114